Hello everybody,

I continue to explore all ways to make chipmusic/chiptune. I know that most of you prefer Gameboy sound... but.... wink

I made a new resource :
Soundfonts (SF2) for chipmusic, chiptune and retro games.

Hope you like ! smile

http://woolyss.com/chipmusic-soundfonts.php

If you made good tune with 1 or more soundfonts, tell me.

Comments and suggestions are welcome, like ever !
Thank you!

Last edited by jikoo (May 2, 2010 9:12 pm)

Chicago IL

i didnt even know soundfonts still existed!

rochester, ny
Saskrotch wrote:

that's what people say when i tell them i make music on an original gameboy.

Chicago IL
nickmaynard wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

Image removed by nitro2k01: Keep that shit to 8bc. We're better than that.

Last edited by nitro2k01 (May 3, 2010 2:07 pm)

Unsubscribe

Lol, Reason users.

Saskrotch wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

Image removed by nitro2k01: Keep that shit to 8bc. We're better than that.

It was fun ! You do not like stories of couple !!! lol

chicago, ill

I'm still looking for an Earthbound/Mother 2 soundfont pack. Someone, somewhere, help me!

kaptainkaffeine wrote:

I'm still looking for an Earthbound/Mother 2 soundfont pack. Someone, somewhere, help me!

Oh dear lord how I wish that would happen.

UK

I'm thinking about making one smile it will be a big/ambitious project. I can't think of a SNES game that would be harder to collect and organise all the samples for. I figure if Earthbound is possible, any other SNES game should be =p it's nice to know that there is demand for one though~

Connecticut USA

I happen to have all those samples ripped ; ] I'll hook you guys up tonight.

edit: Shit I they are just wav tho... not SF2 or w/e I forgot about that file format. But I have all the instruments from earthbound. As well as sound effects. OPENSPC man. DL OpenSPC from zophars domain as well as the SPC's from most SNES roms. Then you can just rip the instruments in every song to .IT, then export the samples to .wav. Blitz Lunar probably knows though, I didn't read his post slow enough.

Last edited by MisfitChris (May 6, 2010 7:13 pm)

Hell, I'd be satisfied with just .wav samples. I'm not exactly sure what, if any, advantages there are to soundfonts; I just like them because it's one file seperated into instrument banks. Somehow (perhaps erroneously), I find that more convenient.

Pennsylvania, USA

A while back I spent a day ripping samples from megman 7 to use in my tracks. I wonder if I still have them... It  would be great if people made samples packs from those games.

I do that !

http://woolyss.com/chipmusic-samples.php?s=WOOLYSS

Can you send your archive here or via my PM ? I will add and credit you. Thx

UK

MisfitChris that's the method I would use, yeah. though with earthbound, making sure you have every unique sample from across all songs is what takes the most time. if you play each tune in spctool for one loop, the samples it uses will light up white (rather than unused light grey.) then you can highlight-export those ones. the problem is many songs use the same samples, so you have to keep track of which ones you've already ripped, else you'll end up with tonnes of redundant samples. long story short it's a big job to do properly.

as for arranging into a soundfont, it's not necessary, it's just something i like to do to make the sounds more universally accessible and "hassle-free."

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

oh kewl!
i almost forgot about soundfonts!

Yes Xero, Soundfonts using is an other way to do 'fake' chiptunes/chipmusic. wink