Quebec, Canada

If i am making music in renoise and only using 8Bit samples (And lower) created within renoise.

Using only some built in effect (Nothing to fancy) no external samples, no vst and no hardware, do you call that 8Bit? Chiptune? Fakebit?

Bristol, UK

If you're:

a) trying to limit your DAW to produce something that sounds like it was made on a console/old computer

rather than

b) trying to push the limits of the sound producing capabilities of a console/old computer

then I would use the term fakebit, otherwise I don't really know what the definition of fakebit would be or what the point in the term would be.

Joliette, QC, Canada

You are using Renoise (a tracker) so don't worry you are legit hahaha !!! wink
btw you are from Quebec !!! Nice to see some new faces in the province !!! big_smile

Unsubscribe

It only matters if you are making good music.

Quebec, Canada

In fact XyNo i am not a new face wink this is just my new project name i let u know find who i am tongue

Joliette, QC, Canada
qitano wrote:

In fact XyNo i am not a new face wink this is just my new project name i let u know find who i am tongue

Ben is that you ?! tongue

Quebec, Canada

haha yup !

Joliette, QC, Canada

So this is your new name...nice one pretty sure people will take you more seriously (surely because there is no word like bit, chip, etc tongue)
Now that I know who you are, I double approved, You sir is totally legit !!!

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

8bit is more about only using 8 channels of sounds where with fakebit is more about video game music remixes which in my opinion are the better chip music : ))))))

Madriz, Supain

If its renoise its legit. You know why? because you can teach me how to use it. I suck at renoise

Nottingham, UK

I make dolla dolla bills.

(I don't actually make dolla dolla bills)

You're obviously making proto-classification wave, although I detect hints of genre-tag rock in there as well.

NC in the US of America

They're all the same thing. Take your pick.

Warwickshire, UK
AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

Agreed smile

Warwickshire, UK
defPREMIUM wrote:

8bit is more about only using 8 channels of sounds where with fakebit is more about video game music remixes which in my opinion are the better chip music : ))))))

Not at all. C64's are 3 channels, Amiga's are 4 channels - same with the Nintendo's. It's the difference between using original hardware, and emulating it (or adding to it).