Venezuela

oh... :S... well then somebody will have to do the COPY&PASTE for us! muahhahaa... and try to figure out about the space in the room. I just recomended that because is the way to save a loooot of space. Specialy when you have lots of instruments in the same FTM. Anyway, if this will go this way i will do my ftm ASAP!!! :DDDD.

Indeed, a single ftm would save space if people reused instruments a lot, but... naah.

In case space becomes an issue I still have a few tricks up my sleeve, teehee. Don't worry, go make awesome tunes! smile

Neo Jersey

count me in for a song. is there a deadline for this yet?

astral cat

yes miau, music.bin for the win! ^___^

HPizzle, i'll add you to the list, and no deadline as of yet, but i expect the final call for songs will be in july smile

Seattle, WA

I have a song started!

astral cat

ok, added to the list smile

GNV / FL / USA
Flit wrote:

I have a song started!

Whoa, hey man!

astral cat

sad still no email back from enso

NO CARRIER wrote:
Flit wrote:

I have a song started!

Whoa, hey man!

WHOA is right! Alaska's back baby!

astral cat

guess who's back? back again?..

no fuck off eminem, you're a 30 year old man-child and nobody likes you.

but Flit inda house is good news!

Mexico City

Awesome that there's no shared FTM, that would be such a hazzle, are there any limitations in filesize or number of songs in the rom/cart? I'm very interested in this but i think i wont be able to deliver quality stuff before july ):

The maximum size the playback engine supports is 16k per tune (=music.bin). I expect the average tune to take up around 6k, though. A little more if people are really ambitious.
That would mean about 40 tunes on a 256kb rom. Not sure if we can find a lot of donor carts that support such huge roms. We should look into that before it's too late!

Also, all tunes could be compressed. I tested lz77 compression on Blitz Lunar's track which effectively halved its size. Shouldn't be impossible to get the player to work with that. smile

i am famitracker user, is it a competition?

astral cat

no, it's not a competition, it's a compilation, send a track in and i'll take a listen smile

astral cat

bump

miau wrote:

The maximum size the playback engine supports is 16k per tune (=music.bin). I expect the average tune to take up around 6k, though. A little more if people are really ambitious.
That would mean about 40 tunes on a 256kb rom. Not sure if we can find a lot of donor carts that support such huge roms. We should look into that before it's too late!

http://www.thenesdump.com/Mappers/NROM.htm

I have never had problems finding 256k donor carts with the list provided on the link above, main problem would be time. I am tempted to see if there is a electronic guy around my area who has a desoldering gun who is willing to desolder for me, its a right time consuming bitch.

edit: I totally just forgot about mappers, making my post kinda worthless

Last edited by Flopps (Jun 7, 2010 10:54 pm)