Michigan

Hey dudes,

My first e.p. is finally finished and available for download here:

noisewaves.bandcamp.com

It's available in a bunch of different formats as well, so download to your hearts content.

Thank you guys for listening and I would love to hear what you think!

FERNDALE, MI, USA

DA BEST SHAWN, DA BEST! heart

Last edited by octavialsilver (May 17, 2010 8:39 pm)

This is incredible. You really nailed the post-rock tone on the guitar parts! I'm not sure if you were going for it, but it instantly reminded me of DMST. What kind of guitar are you using? Anyway, this was an extremely solid EP, the chip and guitar mesh really well. The only improvement I could suggest is to maybe add a live drummer if possible to some future tracks, although that's optional I suppose; Sounds great the way it is now!

Michigan
fluidvolt wrote:

This is incredible. You really nailed the post-rock tone on the guitar parts! I'm not sure if you were going for it, but it instantly reminded me of DMST. What kind of guitar are you using? Anyway, this was an extremely solid EP, the chip and guitar mesh really well. The only improvement I could suggest is to maybe add a live drummer if possible to some future tracks, although that's optional I suppose; Sounds great the way it is now!

DMST are rad, thats a generous compliment.

I used a Fender Telecaster with the stock pickups for the whole e.p., I love the tone that guitar gets.

Live drumming is definitely going to be on the full length.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for listening

brooklyn!

downloading! hyped!

Michigan
likeluke wrote:

downloading! hyped!

thanks bud!

the new knife city stuff is DOPE.

Chicago IL

i really really like this

Michigan
Saskrotch wrote:

i really really like this

thank you so much.

im glad you enjoy it!

Tokyo, Japan

Excellent release!!!!

Full review up on my blog

http://cheap5hot.tumblr.com

Central-ish VA

This is seriously excellent, Noisewaves.  Job well done!

Last edited by Beverage (May 18, 2010 3:58 am)

Nashville, Tennessee

the third song literally took my breath away the first time i listened to it. this is an awesome, awesome release.

I dunno about the post-rock thing, as it struck me more as dreampop, but that doesn't even matter. Excellent release, you are definitely on my radar from here on out.

Finland

Two songs in and I got to say I absolutely love this! Well done sir!

Milton Keynes, England

Not listened yet. But downloaded the other day just based on the Do Make Say Think comparison. Will have a listen later smile

Love this. great work, man!

San Francisco

cool beans