materiaxmedica wrote:

An important moment in the history of gaming.  The revelation of a long-held urban legend.

I'd love to get hold of one of those carts.

Though they buried a large lot of the games, I thought these were still readily available for cheap? I have a copy and always assumed that anyone with an Atari had one.

L―c―o
onapokoya wrote:
materiaxmedica wrote:

An important moment in the history of gaming.  The revelation of a long-held urban legend.

I'd love to get hold of one of those carts.

Though they buried a large lot of the games, I thought these were still readily available for cheap? I have a copy and always assumed that anyone with an Atari had one.

Oh, yes, the game itself is very easy to find.  I meant that I would specifically like to have one of the ones that was unearthed at the landfill.

materiaxmedica wrote:
onapokoya wrote:

Oh, yes, the game itself is very easy to find.  I meant that I would specifically like to have one of the ones that was unearthed at the landfill.

Oh yea gotcha! I wonder how many will include boxes and all that. The article also mentioned of Atari equipment being there as well. I wonder exactly what equipment that was and the condition it was in. They should definitely auction that stuff off.

L―c―o
onapokoya wrote:
materiaxmedica wrote:

Oh yea gotcha! I wonder how many will include boxes and all that. The article also mentioned of Atari equipment being there as well. I wonder exactly what equipment that was and the condition it was in. They should definitely auction that stuff off.

I've read that a certain amount of the findings will be retained by the city to go into a sort of exhibit with the hopes of increasing tourism, as it is otherwise not often visited and could use the money.  The rest of it goes to those making the documentary, and I imagine a fair amount of it will be sold or auctioned.  If you check the recent articles on yahoo.com about it, there are some pictures of the cartridges with worn boxes and booklets still intact.  For a video game fan, they could represent surviving the 1983 market crash and the eventual success of video games at large becoming a part of common culture.  Maybe I'll make a song about it. : ]