Seattle, WA

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/new … e-20140426

"A legendary trove of Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial video game has at long last been unearthed. The Associated Press reports that a documentary film production company dug the huge stash of game cartridges out of a landfill in Alamagordo, New Mexico on Saturday, confirming rumors that had circulated for decades regarding the fate of the notoriously terrible game."

Top kek

I have that game on Atari.

Easton, PA, USA

I'd like to the see the documentary accompanying that dig. Any body else get a huge kick out of the other game related docs? Like King of Kong or Ecstasy of Order.

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:23 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA

It's one of the most important events in the creation of the home video games business, the day they realized you can only sell as many blades as there are razor handles on bathroom sinks (to use their analogy.)

The video game crash set the stage for Sega and Nintendo to regrow the market in the US relatively unopposed, though honestly, I thought the landfill of E.T. and PacMan carts was just an urban legend. Wow.

Ottawa, Ontario

well woopdy fukkidy doo-daw-day

I thought I got rid of them for good.

Earth

Good, now they can bury them deeper.

England

lol

how many of you suckers have played this game?

i once spent a bit of time trying to figure it out. i don't know why.

Unsubscribe

Also lets marvel at how its programmers did the best they could for the movie's theme (on a chipmusic forum)

L―c―o

An important moment in the history of gaming.  The revelation of a long-held urban legend.

I'd love to get hold of one of those carts.

Matthew Joseph Payne

They'll probably make way more money selling the carts than selling their documentary.

Unsubscribe

its going to be on xbox live, so im assuming money isnt a issue.

Abandoned on Fire
Jellica wrote:

lol

how many of you suckers have played this game?

i once spent a bit of time trying to figure it out. i don't know why.

I played this game through dozens of times because I was little and didn't know any better and I only had a couple games anyway. I remember it only taking around 10 minutes to complete once you knew where stuff was. Kind like "Adventure" was.

I remember playing this game as a kid and always falling into that damn pit and getting stuck there.  I always assumed I just sucked at the game :(

Last edited by RJL (Apr 29, 2014 2:22 am)