No Particular Place

I want to see what I can do... I'm planning on what psp I should get (don't have it yet), which has the most memory, understanding the memory situation (how to transfer to pc or other things), How not to get stuff running stupid, (I will be using the psp for probably LSDJ and Beaterator (I might disclude Beaterator because of space) I know I have to do the firmware update thingy, but here is the overview of what I'd need:

Which Psp(s) to buy (no limit on price [to give me all options] or how new/old)

What to use per each psp model (memory stick, Sd cards, hookups, mods)

What emulator to use to run LSDJ (I only know http://littlesounddj.wikia.com/wiki/LSDj_on_PSP )

What each psp ever made does

(Will type up a document that expresses all of these so that everyone after me could know every single thing about what psps do what, what to use, and stipulations)

i have a psp 1004 with a memory stick pro duo compatible miro usb stick with 32gb microsd inserdted i run lsdj using an emulator (cant remember name right now) i also use it for little piggy tracker and theres a little beat program called rhythm and a sequencer called pseq beaterator is not really my cup of tea but i have used it also

USA

I don't use a PSP but here is some info that you've probably already heard before.

The best thing to run LSDJ on is a backlit pro-sound modded DMG with rechargeable AA batteries and an EMS 64m(or pretty much any other) flash cart. Period.

BGB is probably the best windows emulator to run LSDJ on. Wired XBOX360 controllers are highly recommended but pretty much any USB controller will be more comfortable than using a keyboard.

If your gonna use a bunch of tables and super fast/slow BPMs the GBcolor handles it better than the DMG.

Oh, and I would also highly recommend using an LSDJ+ graphics patch -
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4916/ … atch-more/

I wish I could help you more.

Last edited by SurfaceDragon (May 18, 2014 10:52 pm)

California

http://wololo.net/cfw4dummies/

this pretty much helps you with any custom firmware on all(?) psps made. imo I wouldnt suggest using
a psp for lsdj. the button layout is awkward and the sound emulation is lacking.

Unsubscribe

I disagree homers rin is pretty close save for the vibrato settings.

California
herr_prof wrote:

I disagree homers rin is pretty close save for the vibrato settings.

oh yeah homers rin was actually great. i didnt really get to try it out much since my psp broke soon after.
but why use psp for lsdj when you can use LGPT?? smile

Taichung, Taiwan

I use a PSP 2000.

No Particular Place

I am going to get a brick. But I'm just seeing if I could get one, just to get one. I Guess I'm getting one just for playing music on the go with no hassle of opening up itunes, syncing, and some whack other s(word)y s(word)

No Particular Place

Still want the comparison, though. Which ones work, including pspgo, and all the versions... ones with analog sticks, ones without, and so on.

No Particular Place
SurfaceDragon wrote:

I don't use a PSP but here is some info that you've probably already heard before.

The best thing to run LSDJ on is a backlit pro-sound modded DMG with rechargeable AA batteries and an EMS 64m(or pretty much any other) flash cart. Period.

BGB is probably the best windows emulator to run LSDJ on. Wired XBOX360 controllers are highly recommended but pretty much any USB controller will be more comfortable than using a keyboard.

If your gonna use a bunch of tables and super fast/slow BPMs the GBcolor handles it better than the DMG.

Oh, and I would also highly recommend using an LSDJ+ graphics patch -
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4916/ … atch-more/

I wish I could help you more.

I Know I'm getting a Brick.(I call it brick) But I do have bunches of things I could search. I'm planning on getting all the way in this, cause It's a pretty kicka(word) genre of music, that could be molded at will. Anywho... So yea. That was sorta un-needed. But still I use an emulator I know is awesome that could hop platforms and still load the same saves and not corrupt. Also I use the corner... aszx as the buttons. It's actually easier, I think. Cause one hand controls the directional buttons and the other does the a b and start and select. Maybe I taught you somethin there... And It is cool, but I'm wanting to know if the psp could either produce (A) A better emulation of sound than a pc or (B) A crappier emulation of sound than a pc

Also, know of any purple backlit mods?

Last edited by B4D-W0LF (May 25, 2014 3:38 am)

No Particular Place
elektrohobo wrote:

i have a psp 1004 with a memory stick pro duo compatible miro usb stick with 32gb microsd inserdted i run lsdj using an emulator (cant remember name right now) i also use it for little piggy tracker and theres a little beat program called rhythm and a sequencer called pseq beaterator is not really my cup of tea but i have used it also

Alright. I'll check it out. But, gimme emulator name b-fore I do. Find out. I'll be ready once you do.

IL, US

herr_prof already named a good game boy emulator for psp: rin
besides that, looks like you just want the psp wikipedia page, since that's got a nice chart which breaks down the few differences between psp models

Puerto Rico

lgpt

No Particular Place

piggy? Kool. Been getting Alot of piggy. So piggy it is.

No Particular Place

Here's the template. All I'm going to do is add onto it for LSDJ things you can do with it (and nitendo) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:L … PSP_Models

Last edited by B4D-W0LF (May 28, 2014 7:14 am)

If you get a psp go, it has 16gb built in memory, just run 6.60 PRO B/C (This and other things i say may need to be googled, I'm not explaining the entire process)
then you go over to wololo.net and get some homebrews, or emulators, or just google gpsp and then buy the ROM of LSDJ from Johan, and then you're on your way to making music.
there's also a port of LGPT if you can find some neat samples.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct= … 0277,d.b2k