Madriz, Supain

THIS  IS NOT A WTB THREAD, ALTHO IT LOOKS LIKE IT.

Lets put the case first.

I got several DMG's and I recently came across a Zoom SB246. Its a neat piece of 90's tech, a groovebox oriented to hip hop. Fine. I synced it to my MK and it works great.

However, I dont like using grooveboxes.

I need to spit out midi NOTES from my DMG so I can trigger those sounds on the groovebox while writing everything on the DMG. I know I can sync up clocks using arduinoboy technology but thats not what I want. I want to use my DMG as a master device and make it play certain sounds on other machines.

So, feel free to spam me with links to your store for an arduino piece of equipment, but keep in mind I dont know shit about electronics so I need everything but the midi cable to be bought at once.

Also, if any of you have experience using  LSDJ the way I explained, any tips are more than welcome.

Luv ya folks

South Carolina

http://www.noisechannel.org/shop
You can purchase one from here

West Yorks, UK

and for lsdj to spit midi youre go ing to need the special "LSDJ that spits midi out" version btw

West Yorks, UK

hmm looks like there flagrant nanoloop intellectual property violation going on at that site, unless they obtained permish!

Madriz, Supain
Budusy12 wrote:

http://www.noisechannel.org/shop
You can purchase one from here

I dont see any arduinoboys there

Domu wrote:

and for lsdj to spit midi youre go ing to need the special "LSDJ that spits midi out" version btw

wich I heard is in beta, right? Do you have any experience with it?

Unsubscribe

Its actually been built with the latest stable, and work ok. The only trick with mine is that I have to enable it first, then power the gameboy down and connection the aboy otherwise it will crash.

Madriz, Supain
herr_prof wrote:

Its actually been built with the latest stable, and work ok. The only trick with mine is that I have to enable it first, then power the gameboy down and connection the aboy otherwise it will crash.

Im fine with that as long as I can do what I plan on doing smile

what arduino do you have? I cant find xiwi electronics anymore and kitsch is out of stock

matt's mind

kitsch might have something shortly.  slight adaptation of xiwi's design wink  which is totally gorgeous, if you haven't seen one in person.

just a rumor i've heard.  i think he's just waiting on those PCBs to get here to test before making the larger order for the shop.

Unsubscribe

I have a Scieneguy device which is way out of stock.

Whoa kitsch has started speaking in third person..

Madriz, Supain
kitsch wrote:

kitsch might have something shortly.  slight adaptation of xiwi's design wink  which is totally gorgeous, if you haven't seen one in person.

just a rumor i've heard.  i think he's just waiting on those PCBs to get here to test before making the larger order for the shop.

Im kind of in a hurry, I hope Kitsch expects those before July. Matt, if you could tell Matt, please, it'd be appreciatted.

(Whoa, grammar and spelling. Kill me)

West Yorks, UK

i can advocate scienceguys duinoboys being nice (tho then i heard there was a problem with midi out, which didnt affect me as i use it purely for MGB and midi in.) i cant speak about the midi out versions of LSDJ though, sorry.

Unsubscribe

Yea mine needed a slight mod to support midi out, but i think that was fixed on the last few batches. All you need to do is swap the cables soldered to the midi out, so its pretty easy to fix.

Madriz, Supain

I cant solder to save my life. As greedy or n00bish it sounds, I kind of need to plug and play  sad

Unsubscribe

Well its a moot point because you cant buy them anymore. Looks like the only one shipping now is:
http://www.thursdaycustoms.com/product/ … rduino-boy

Madriz, Supain

That one is gorgeous , kinda out of my budget but uh i can skip on drinking for a week or two . can someone summon thursday here ? smile

Madriz, Supain

Hello guys