IL, US

you want it graveyarded just because people asked questions? the topic is you asking who else is near for means of setting up a tour, questions seem relevant to me.. extra curious why youd be looking to play with artists off here anyway if you have such a strongly formed opinion of us and say that the people on here don't like your music...

matt's mind

i, for one, would love to check out your music.  if you don't wish to upload it here (entirely your choice, naturally) that's cool, but perhaps you could post a link here so we can check it out?

or even just PM me, if you want to keep comments/feedback out of the picture. 

hearing chip that originates in the southeast is a real thrill for me (and I would imagine others in the area too).  been toying around with the idea of an outdoor festie around asheville for a while now, and with some recent things that have happened, this may very well be a thing.  and not just an unobtainable goal.  been trying to keep a tab on local artists much more, considering this

please share, if you're willing smile

IL, US

also, saw you edited your release thread yesterday so people can't hear it and had that graveyarded too
whats the deal?

ESC: that was a mediafire link that I removed by accident and you couldn't even download it, it was a two year old EP that I re-made anyways.

I went to graveyard this because it became about opinions, in which i spoke of nobody directly, but just people are quick to be pretty rude, rather than giving actual insight.
maybe i'm just some stoner hippie kid who thinks mannerisms is important everywhere instead of only in person, it's just how I am.
The fact that I don't like how shitty some people are on a site won't make me not use the site, it'll just make personally want to refrain from being belittled for my efforts, even if i'm not a professional chiptune artist or whatever the formal terminology that's accepted by the general community.
I have no problem sharing my sounds, I'll post a few songs even on here. I just wish I could delete the old songs.

http://chipmusic.org/nimblef0x/music/a- … abbit-hole
There's something I've made somewhat recently.

IL, US

or maybe you're just misreading any and all comments that aren't what you hear as mean, rather than CC
and you can delete songs you've uploaded here, i swap out whats on here from time to time and deleted most of them

okay now i see the option to edit music submissions,
and ESC, It doesn't have to do with CC. I don't care about CC, honestly, other than to learn from it.
it's smartassed and snobby remarks that are unnecessary.
(this is not directed in any way/shape/form towards anyone specific in this thread.)

IL, US

i saw no negative comments on any of your songs or cc threads. nor the release thread

Last edited by e.s.c. (May 28, 2014 5:08 pm)

i've never said it was towards me. it's just the way that people come off to others that deters me from wanting to post much.
that's all.

South Jersey, USA

even if the OP was a beginner, and assuming that most beginner's songs are technically less evolved, I would still love to see and hear it played live. No matter how shitty it is, I'd still be happy that someone is going place to place sharing what he or she is creating on a gameboy, laptop, sequencer, cell phone etc.   It does so much more for me than having to watch another fedora wearing white boy singing Hey Ya on an acoustic guitar.  No offense to fedoras and white boys.

buffalo, NY

People are asking questions because touring is hard.  Like, it's really easy to lose a ton of money with zero gain if you don't do it right.  It's my opinion that they were just being thoughtfully concerned.

Also the Charlotte show was awful because it was at a terrible venue with barely any people at it.

Alabama

I am in the process of booking a small tour for the duo project I am in with a buddy, doing chip-heavy EDM. It's incredibly hard to get booked in most of the deep South for electronic music. And chipmusic? Good luck. It's not impossible but it is freaking hard. Even if you were Bit Shifter or Danimal Cannon no one would show up because there simply isn't a lot of great nerd friendly culture/bars in the South period. EDIT: unless you are playing in Atlanta or maybe Nasheville or Orlando. I am DJing the once-a-year videogame themed night that happens in Birmingham and I am dreading it. I promote locally and this show always has the smallest turnout. No unity of geeks in the South, none at all.

If you plan on booking a tour and breaking even, make sure you feel like you can kill a show. Possibly sell tee shirts or a CD. Maybe even business cards with QR codes going to a free EP download. You want to be well-remembered so you can play somewhere again and have returning listeners should you do another show. It pays to be well-equipped.

The final thing I have to say is that if your music doesn't have vocals and you are playing some sort of bar where people regularly go to hear music with vocals, you might wind up in a bad spot if they don't find your music interesting. Best of luck with the bookings. I find that local footage from anything - house party, rave, jamming at an open mic - helps with your press kit.

Last edited by MaxDolensky (May 29, 2014 1:57 pm)

SJSFC wrote:

even if the OP was a beginner, and assuming that most beginner's songs are technically less evolved, I would still love to see and hear it played live. No matter how shitty it is, I'd still be happy that someone is going place to place sharing what he or she is creating on a gameboy, laptop, sequencer, cell phone etc.   It does so much more for me than having to watch another fedora wearing white boy singing Hey Ya on an acoustic guitar.  No offense to fedoras and white boys.

hahahaha this.
thank you for seeing it the same way i do.

MaxDolensky wrote:

I am in the process of booking a small tour for the duo project I am in with a buddy, doing chip-heavy EDM. It's incredibly hard to get booked in most of the deep South for electronic music. And chipmusic? Good luck. It's not impossible but it is freaking hard. Even if you were Bit Shifter or Danimal Cannon no one would show up because there simply isn't a lot of great nerd friendly culture/bars in the South period. EDIT: unless you are playing in Atlanta or maybe Nasheville or Orlando. I am DJing the once-a-year videogame themed night that happens in Birmingham and I am dreading it. I promote locally and this show always has the smallest turnout. No unity of geeks in the South, none at all.

If you plan on booking a tour and breaking even, make sure you feel like you can kill a show. Possibly sell tee shirts or a CD. Maybe even business cards with QR codes going to a free EP download. You want to be well-remembered so you can play somewhere again and have returning listeners should you do another show. It pays to be well-equipped.

The final thing I have to say is that if your music doesn't have vocals and you are playing some sort of bar where people regularly go to hear music with vocals, you might wind up in a bad spot if they don't find your music interesting. Best of luck with the bookings. I find that local footage from anything - house party, rave, jamming at an open mic - helps with your press kit.

I've got a good amount of shows down here. I've got a way with people and i know the places to play at, i guess.
I don't have tees or anything but free cd's in jewel cases that have my info in the sleeve along with a url to download my other music.

buffalo, NY

Selling stuff on the road is a good way to go. People are genuinely interested in helping out independent artists if they like you. Even "free w donation" can have surprising results

well right now it's just about getting more people to know that i even exist and that people still do this.
the shock factor gets me most of my shows.
people book me again and again because of how many people are interested in the noise they hear from my gameboy.
most of them drunk but it's still cool to know that someone bumps your music in their car.
>>Bumps danimal cannon in my car, not even gonna lie. favorite song is gorelax.