I live in South Carolina, the Charleston area, specifically.
I'm going to be in the process of booking a small 8-15 venue tour within the next year.
Was wondering if anyone in the surrounding area wanted to join in/ maybe even collab.

Last edited by NimbleF0x (May 28, 2014 4:43 pm)

matt's mind

used to live on james island myself big_smile

have thought heavily about moving back down to that area

SC is a bit dead, NC is only slightly better.  its tough in the southeast, chip fans/acts are pretty spread out.  asheville and chapel hill/carrboro have had some successful shows, i'm not aware of anything in charleston.  there was barely an electronic scene, generally speaking, when i was there

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Oct 11, 2021 7:19 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA

Where I live is about 2.5-3 hours to Charleston, just less than 2 to Jacksonville, FL. Stuff's too far apart.

buffalo, NY

Had one of my worst shows ever in Charlotte when touring in 2011.  Yay first tour memories

@Kitsch, Not much has changed, there's more of an EDM binge for kids around here, there's tons of warehouse ''Raves'' that always get cancelled because some 15 year old girls trip out on shrooms/molly/acid at the same time and run around in the roads naked.
but, I've played quite a few shows here, different bars, some video game stores let me come in and noodle around with some live LSDJ loops, it's pretty fun. I stay entertained, but there are a few local supporters around that put word in to get me shows, I don't even have to try to book most of them.

@DCannon, Why was it one of your worst shows?

IL, US

tour? but didn't you just start? (you were asking for a logo) touring is expensive and brutal in the US these days even for artists with established fanbases like that Shadowtravel tour (nullsleep/starpuase/stagediver)...

esc, No I didn't ''just start''
i've made chiptune for a couple of years, just this past year I actually started recording what I made.
I have five EP's written at different times between 2010- early 2013 and an album written late 2013.
I just don't release it on here because 75% of the people on this site are extremely arrogant and if you don't sound perfectly on point as them, you're doing it wrong and everything you do is incorrect because everything you write isn't good enough for their ears.

Unsubscribe

Bam.

Gosford, Australia
NimbleF0x wrote:

I just don't release it on here because 75% of the people on this site are extremely arrogant and if you don't sound perfectly on point as them, you're doing it wrong and everything you do is incorrect because everything you write isn't good enough for their ears.

why are you releasing music that isn't "on point"?

Victory Road wrote:
NimbleF0x wrote:

Because I don't cater to what other chiptune artists want me to sound like wink

Last edited by NimbleF0x (May 28, 2014 2:55 pm)

IL, US

yeah, cause we're a homogenous group of people with all the same tastes...
if you aren't sharing the music online, it'll be tough getting people to show up in other places. a local following doesn't always translate

edit: try listening to the variety among the artists posting in this thread, for example

Last edited by e.s.c. (May 28, 2014 3:24 pm)

e.s.c. wrote:

yeah, cause we're a homogenous group of people with all the same tastes...
if you aren't sharing the music online, it'll be tough getting people to show up in other places. a local following doesn't always translate

edit: try listening to the variety among the artists posting in this thread, for example

which is to be expected but when someone is trying but they're not trying hard enough, they're quickly shot down.
that's why I try not to post much because of how people can be.

And i'm sharing the music online, just not this site.

Gosford, Australia
NimbleF0x wrote:
Victory Road wrote:

Because I don't cater to what other chiptune artists want me to sound like wink

you know "on point" means making your best work and bringing something new to the table, right? i don't think anyone on this site would shoot you down for making great music that just isn't their favourite genre.

Raleigh, NC

I'm in Raleigh, NC and also down to join in and collab. also know some decent venues around if you need a venue here.

off topic

Last edited by NimbleF0x (May 28, 2014 4:36 pm)