CA

Is there some kind of a stripped version of the Arduinoboy with only one mode - MGB that is?

It is actually trivial to change the code to run in the MGB mode by default and ditch the button and LEDs, but I hate when there's more code than actually needed. Strip the code is also not a big deal but what's the point if someone has already done that.

This stripped version could fit into a GBC. There's definitely no room for 2 MIDI jacks, but one is actually doable (but please don't tell me to use audio jacks for MIDI outputs I'm aware of this method and I don't like it :b ). Thanks smile

Last edited by friendofmegaman (Jun 17, 2014 9:55 pm)

Michigan

I don't think anyone has stripped it, but the LEDs are actually useful beyond mode-designation. They will flash with MIDI activity on each channel.

United States

in the main sketch file change these lines

boolean alwaysUseDefaultSettings = false;  //set to true to always use the settings below, else they are pulled from memory for the software editor

0x00, //force mode (forces lsdj to be sl)
0x00, //mode

to

boolean alwaysUseDefaultSettings = true;

0x01, //force mode
0x05, //mode

so force mode is enabled, and //mode is the mode you want it to be forced to, in this case mode 5 - MGB. Leave out all the LEDs besides status. tie pin 3 to ground so the mode isn't accidentally switched. you can do this to make a stripped down arduinoboy for any mode.

Last edited by Boner (Jun 17, 2014 10:49 pm)

CA
Boner wrote:

in the main sketch file change these lines

boolean alwaysUseDefaultSettings = false;  //set to true to always use the settings below, else they are pulled from memory for the software editor

0x00, //force mode (forces lsdj to be sl)
0x00, //mode

to

boolean alwaysUseDefaultSettings = true;

0x01, //force mode
0x05, //mode

so force mode is enabled, and //mode is the mode you want it to be forced to, in this case mode 5 - MGB. Leave out all the LEDs besides status. tie pin 3 to ground so the mode isn't accidentally switched. you can do this to make a stripped down arduinoboy for any mode.

Thanks a ton mate!