Baton Rouge, LA

Started working on a riff in lsdj and when i go to listen to it from the song screen a crackling sound is heard. When I go to the phrase channel the riff is in the sound stops. Even when I mute ALL channels if i hit start on the song screen only the crackling sound is heard. Its similar to when you use the O command and bounce left to right quickly but i'm not using any commands yet. None of my other tracks do this. Any ideas?

Playboy Man-Baby
killedatschool wrote:

Started working on a riff in lsdj and when i go to listen to it from the song screen a crackling sound is heard. When I go to the phrase channel the riff is in the sound stops. Even when I mute ALL channels if i hit start on the song screen only the crackling sound is heard. Its similar to when you use the O command and bounce left to right quickly but i'm not using any commands yet. None of my other tracks do this. Any ideas?

It's a processing noise. Do you use a prosounded GB?

Baton Rouge, LA

This gameboy is not prosounded. I do have one that is.

sweden

If you remove the wave channel chains, is it still there? I sometimes get some strange sounds from the wave channel especially when using samples even when if it's muted.

Baton Rouge, LA

I haven't tried removing the wave chain. I put the cart in another gameboy (non prosound). The noise does not exist on this gameboy. Now i'm noticing other performance issues on the gameboy with the crackling. It's lagging behind when i switch screens and move the cursor around. Once again only on this track, All the other songs run and sound fine. For now i'll just continue to use the gameboy that is running ok. Strange thing, never had this happen.

Michigan

Whats the CPU version on the problem child? (look in the battery door)

Baton Rouge, LA
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Whats the CPU version on the problem child? (look in the battery door)

DMG-CPU-03

Taichung, Taiwan

Check it son!

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/11881 … revisited/

Baton Rouge, LA

This is fascinating! I never noticed the DMG had different CPUs. Now I want to find a ver 1. Thanks internet.

But seriously thanks for the link. This was driving me crazy.