buffalo, NY

Maybe I'm just jealous that *Beamz plus Arduino = Chiptune* can get press on Engadget and I can't.

Unsubscribe

You just need to work in a medium that generates more e-waste.

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:36 am)

Seattle, WA

So you press buttons and it triggers samples? Like, any midi controller, keyboard, or really anything that'll connect to a computer?

matt's mind

this seems like this

but red

and with some gosh-this-got-old-quick code

and less features

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:34 pm)

Whateverville, California

"Hackable"

Michigan
Feryl wrote:
Crashmast wrote:

I really agree with this. The article even tries to say how hard chipmusic is ("but to get into it you need to mod a working 30-year-old NES into an instrument.")
I'm not saying there is a right way to make chipmusic, but to me this is definitely the wrong way to start out. For this price you could buy several gameboys or a C64 off eBay or something similar and get a much better music making tool. It just seems like he's trying to swindle money out of wannabe musicians who don't realize you can get LSDJ for $1 (always donate more, kids!) and use an emulator.

Or you could, you know, do everything for free with ModPlug / FamiTracker / Milky... we could use some new demoscene-mod-chiptune-revivers! smile

Or use a GB, atari, SGG, gen/md, apple ii, zx, ti 89 calc....a microwave...just open your eyes man! The chips are all around you.
/off to prosound my microwave...

So yeah. He's trying to play off of the chip-scene while hating on the chip-swag. lol wat?

Chips & Dip :3

FUCKING LOL.

"if you're good at video games, you can make music with no practice."

You need to actually practice to make music for ANY instrument. Baka. xD

*My friend just told me "you're just bad at video games"*

Bunch a hobos.

Watching the video just makes me laugh SO hard.

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:34 am)

Also, this: http://www.humbletune.com/chord/ is the same thing as the LOFI.

BUT THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT IT'S FREE AND ALREADY WORKS ON THE HARDWARE MOST OF US HAVE!!!

I'd much rather get the Chord than waste 50 USD on the lofi.

Last edited by metatronaut (Oct 28, 2014 12:45 pm)

Chicago, IL

I agree with most people's opinions expressed about this thing...the only part that bothers me about all this, is what Fudgers wrote, some kid sees this who has never heard of chiptune, gets excited about it, buys this thing, then stumbles into this forum to find out more and probably won't get a very warm welcome.

perth, WA

this thing sucks and it makes me feel sad

i'm bothered by how strongly i dislike this repugnant assortment of atoms

South Korea

I play the guitar, and I am SERIOUSLY pissed about this Guitar Hero thing. It even got some attention in non-guitar forums and magazines. Now any kid can just buy the talent that I worked so hard for. sad Just who do they think they are misrepresenting something that is special to ME?

How does this TOY affect any of your musical output?