matt's mind
Mrwimmer wrote:

Nobody but us gives a fuck about our processes, no matter how many people ask you what your gameboy is doing.

really don't agree with this sentiment.  my interactions at public events over the past 5 years or so don't either. 

i find musicians to be very interested in processes, and non-music people to be very concerned with the music itself.  i think musicians understand its up to them to create the music, but ultimately they need to understand the process.   

it might seem people are flippant about the process and don't care because they are discussing it all with you because they appreciate your music rather than for technical help?  i just see the polar opposite end of the spectrum because i am never involved as a musician, so maybe there is equal bias in the way we've understood people's interest in this 'thing' with which we are involved

Los Angeles, CA
kitsch wrote:
Mrwimmer wrote:

Nobody but us gives a fuck about our processes, no matter how many people ask you what your gameboy is doing.

really don't agree with this sentiment.  my interactions at public events over the past 5 years or so don't either. 

i find musicians to be very interested in processes, and non-music people to be very concerned with the music itself.  i think musicians understand its up to them to create the music, but ultimately they need to understand the process.   

it might seem people are flippant about the process and don't care because they are discussing it all with you because they appreciate your music rather than for technical help?  i just see the polar opposite end of the spectrum because i am never involved as a musician, so maybe there is equal bias in the way we've understood people's interest in this 'thing' with which we are involved

You've obviously been luckier than I smile

Chips & Dip :3
sandneil wrote:

lofi ses seems exceedingly lame but more in a funny way than a frustrating way

honestly anyone who wants to spend $500 on a bright red game controller that makes noise beats probably deserves to have $500 less thann they have right now anyway

kickstarter is weird!

Kickstarter is one of those things where you need to REALLY look into what you're backing. ESPECIALLY with hardware or games you're going to back over $25.

e.s.c. wrote:

i think there's a lot of projecting going on to assume someone in "insecure" just because they make a statement online about a product being stupid and misrepresenting itself in its sales pitch... i dont think anyone said or thinks this is somehow making what they do less valid or anything of the sort, just that its sort of a shitty thing in general, especially for the price

yes my career is over thanks to a $50 piece of hardware made in someone's basement.

I  M      R  U  I  N  E  D  .

Indiana

the lo-fi ses is ALREADY tearing us apart :'(

on another note, i think attitudes about process are pretty important. it's tough to get gigs when there's this perception that you're either a DJ or a "real" musician with no in-between.

i think it's important for outsiders to see chipmusic as an expressive and intricate style of music.

it's sort of like your favorite painting being exposed to outsiders as a paint-by-numbers

Last edited by Fudgers (Oct 28, 2014 8:52 pm)

Unsubscribe

why are people so mad about being mad.

NC in the US of America
metatronaut wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

i think there's a lot of projecting going on to assume someone in "insecure" just because they make a statement online about a product being stupid and misrepresenting itself in its sales pitch... i dont think anyone said or thinks this is somehow making what they do less valid or anything of the sort, just that its sort of a shitty thing in general, especially for the price

yes my career is over thanks to a $50 piece of hardware made in someone's basement.

I  M      R  U  I  N  E  D  .

making a career out of writing chipmusic that isn't a soundtrack to something

How wonderful.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Oct 28, 2014 9:04 pm)

herr_prof wrote:

why are people so mad about being mad.

BECAUSE THIS IS THE INTERNET GODDAMN IT!!!!

Unsubscribe

that makes me mad.

herr_prof wrote:

that makes me mad.

I said it ironically tongue

Also nice joke of a joke of a joke tongue

Last edited by metatronaut (Oct 28, 2014 10:03 pm)

babylon

i thought this topic was gonna be about marijuana. im disappoint.

Gosford, Australia

this thing is cool i'm going to buy 20 of them

seems legit

i still remember a time when chiptune was a word used to call things that sounded as if they were done with a real 80's chip but using a contemporary device

Last edited by r0lemusic (Oct 29, 2014 2:22 pm)

Barcelona

This reminds me of "8bit" apps for iphone, if the iphone was shaped like a NES controller for extra "le chipchoons" magical points for the user

canada

i forgot how pathetic this forum is.

wah wah someone made a toy i don't like

Unsubscribe

More like wahlord