Offline
Outer Space

I am going through a name change right now and don't know what to do. I'm working on my first real album and don't want to be nameless for it's release. I've used many names in the past and haven't really liked any of them. I don't know what makes a good name. I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say.

Offline
Puerto Rico

If you're unhappy with your past attempts at a pseudonym, why would you pick a stranger's?

http://trash80.com/junkfood/8bitnamegenerator

Offline
Minneapolis, MN
OmO wrote:

I am going through a name change right now and don't know what to do. I'm working on my first real album and don't want to be nameless for it's release. I've used many names in the past and haven't really liked any of them. I don't know what makes a good name. I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say.

Hey, you said a word that could be a pretty cool name:    "nameless"

Offline
Outer Space
Xuriik wrote:

If you're unhappy with your past attempts at a pseudonym, why would you pick a stranger's?

I mean I guess I was just grasping at straws hoping someone would say something really cool that I really liked.

Offline
Outer Space
TEOMAWKI wrote:

Hey, you said a word that could be a pretty cool name:    "nameless"

That's actually not bad...

Offline
Minneapolis, MN

I can see it now "Up next is nameless, with his new hit-single 'untitled'"

or you could always try "Brodizzle"

Last edited by TEOMAWKI (Dec 1, 2014 3:26 am)

Offline
Puerto Rico
OmO wrote:
Xuriik wrote:

If you're unhappy with your past attempts at a pseudonym, why would you pick a stranger's?

I mean I guess I was just grasping at straws hoping someone would say something really cool that I really liked.

I find that the names I stick with are the ones that mean something to me. Anyway, just ask the chipmusic.org overlords, they know.

Offline
Outer Space
Xuriik wrote:

I find that the names I stick with are the ones that mean something to me. Anyway, just ask the chipmusic.org overlords, they know.

Haha, to be honest now having put it out there I feel like I'm worrying too much over something that should be simple. I mean how much does the name matter?

Offline
Canada

Something I think turns out pretty well is take an unusual adjective and a fairly common noun and combine them. Bonus points if you use alliteration. If it's a band, add "The" and make it plural. You can get some interesting names like "The Baleful Bovines" or "Fulsome Pharmacist."
Alternatively, use a chip-themed onomatopoeia with an exclamation point.

Offline
West Yorks, UK

Ansatsuken (the style Ryu, Ken, Gouki and Gouken practise)

Offline
Crashmast wrote:

Alternatively, use a chip-themed onomatopoeia with an exclamation point.

Meh... that just made me think of BRK!

Offline
Unsubscribe

Fine, you're now: Agamemnon

Offline
Brighton | Portsmouth | UK
OmO wrote:
TEOMAWKI wrote:

Hey, you said a word that could be a pretty cool name:    "nameless"

That's actually not bad...

Too Late

Offline
herr_prof wrote:

Fine, you're now: Agamemnon

this!

Captain Spanky is also available on bandcamp right now

Offline
So. California

What about: Endless Nameless.

Offline

Don Chanomi tongue