I always get some noise, i know I can fix this on a computer ut I was just wondering if anyone had achieved a DMG with zero high pitched noise or white noise?

Embrace it

You could always drop your .sav into an emulator and then record that?

Yeah the embracing is what i've done so far, and also with the right volumes of instruments and a little EQing on the computer its not really a problem i'm just curious.

I will also try the sav option and see if the emulator does the gameboy justice. The only problem with that is I live dub my songs as I record them, the bass going through right channel and chords, melodies and some percussion through the left channel being dubbed with delay and reverb, but actually i think that this would also work on a computer output so yeah ill give it a go

Detroit

yeah its kind of part of the aesthetic and if you really dont like noise then maybe diy hardware isnt for u

*gives up chip music and takes up ballet*

Michigan
The One Electronic wrote:

yeah its kind of part of the aesthetic and if you really dont like noise then maybe diy hardware isnt for u

Cannot have been said better.

yeah except at no one point did i say i was averse to it you americans just love shutting people down on forums

Puerto Rico

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/7641/ … ncelation/

well thats fucking cool

Michigan
JodyBigfoot wrote:

yeah except at no one point did i say i was averse to it you americans just love shutting people down on forums

What in the world are you on about? Prejudiced much? No one shut anyone down, american or otherwise. Thank you very much.

sorry mate thought you were telling me to quit the bit

anyway.

Looking at what the pissbox does it seems that it can be done just as easily on a DAW except not live. and I wouldnt be able to use it live as I need to use stereo channels for dubbing

Chicago IL

just turn it off

Seattle, WA
Saskrotch wrote:

just turn it off

Good advice for anyone writing chip.

if your noise issues are coming from writing minimal tunes (like you said you were doing) and having breaks of silence where the hum is real loud  you could always cut out the parts where there is silence (aka noise) in your daw/recording program, i used to do this for vocals when i had a ghetto as fuck setup and even though it was time consuming it did work well...

Thanks man
Theres a remove silence function on many DAWs, could save you some time if you have to do that again!