New York City

I'm really liking those SD card cartridges for teh Sega Genesis, but wouldn't it be possible to compile any of your music or load ROMs by means of a Sega CD?

Burning CDs surely is readily available everywhere. I wonder why this has never mentioned, I guess there's some sort of problem that doesn't make it as easy as it seems.

United Kingdom

Appearntly you can LOAD sega 32x (sega cd) roms from the sd cartridge. However sega cd games dont interest me. May be worth a go though smile

New York City

That's not what I meant at all.
I mean to use a Sega CD to run your FM music (or other roms maybe) on a Genesis by means of a CD on the Sega CD. NOT the SD cartridge.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jun 6, 2010 7:19 pm)

Chicago IL

sega cd and 32x are definitely not the same

Abandoned on Fire

I tried to get this guy's stuff to work but had no luck (probably because I had no idea what I was doing):

http://www.retrodev.com/segacd.html

I wired the cable for this a few times but still no dice (same reason I'm sure):

http://www.retrodev.com/transfer.html

New York City

Finally some info!
Thanks egr, I will look at these two

Abandoned on Fire
akira^8GB wrote:

Finally some info!
Thanks egr, I will look at these two

If you have any success let me know!  I emailed some questions and stuff to the developer on more than one occasion but never got a response.

New York City

It seems a bit more spannerhead than I originally bargained for but I will give it a try, and post here. Whenever that may be tongue

Sweeeeeeden

I've seen a Sega CD loader, but you apparently can't use it on ROMs. You must compile your own code that's using it. I'll see if I can find the link.
Also, I'm under the impression that Sega CDs are relatively hard/expensive to come by, so maybe this isn't the best solution unless you already own a Sega CD...?

uhajdafdfdfa

Can you compile your own code incbin a ROM? It's kinda easy to do on C64, maybe the same here?

Abandoned on Fire
nitro2k01 wrote:

... so maybe this isn't the best solution unless you already own a Sega CD...?

I picked one up before I did any research thinking "Hey, anybody can burn a CD.  It's so obvious!" but yeah... other than playing the Japanese version of Shadowrun it hasn't seen much use. tongue

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐
egr wrote:

but yeah... other than playing the Japanese version of Shadowrun it hasn't seen much use. tongue

well at least that's a really good use.
i tried learning japanese just to play that game.