Central-ish VA
Rico Z wrote:

i feel bad for green.

Seriously, as soon as I saw him let that ball in the only thing I thought was "If England doesn't win the whole damn thing, he's not going to be allowed back home."  I mean, sure, biiiig mistake, but this guy is going to go through some intense mockery before all is through and through.

From a stupid American who doesn't know anything about football/soccer/whathaveyou, entertaining game anyway.

hhhhnnnnnngggggggggg

hhhhnnnnnngggggggggg

AANABAY01

damn that mascot is hot

Huddersfield, UK
Decktonic wrote:
J&HT wrote:

anyway getting back on topic, the match was a pretty poor, scrappy affair tonight. I thought England deserved to win but I wouldn't back either side to go far judging from tonight's performance. Still a lot of big teams to play but so far all the ones that have played have been disappointing.

I think the US national team played their best ever. They will definitely make it to the next round, but going beyond that is unlikely. As for England, they are just not the same without Beckham to set up the right plays. I don't like them so I'll be happy if they go home early smile

I've seen them play better in the Confederations Cup before, they beat Spain, led 2-0 against Brazil (but got beat 3-2 in the end). They should make it to the next round, the other teams in the group aren't as good as USA or England (well I assume so, they play each other in 30 minutes though).

I guess you are right about Beckham too. He can't play a full game any more but we really lacked good delivery from corners, free kicks etc last night. Needless to say that the wingers for England were very poor last night (Lennon on the right maybe being an exception). I think England will probably do the usual and get to the quarter finals and then get knocked out by an actual good footballing side haha.

Oh, and good news for everyone that watches football.

Liverpool, UK

http://twitpic.com/1vwlun

I haven't tried this yet. but could possibly be a good way to filter out some of the vuvuzela drone if you have a Samsung telly!

New York City
Decktonic wrote:

I think the US national team played their best ever.

Is that the best ever?
Then I am afraid they will not progress much.
The defense is disastrous and the goalie didn't do the butterfingers goal before the british one just because of pure chance. He's very bad.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jun 13, 2010 2:12 pm)

C'mon Mexico!
(Work sweepstake...)

Westfield, NJ
Decktonic wrote:

I think the US national team played their best ever. They will definitely make it to the next round, but going beyond that is unlikely.

J&HT wrote:

I've seen them play better in the Confederations Cup before, they beat Spain, led 2-0 against Brazil (but got beat 3-2 in the end). They should make it to the next round, the other teams in the group aren't as good as USA or England (well I assume so, they play each other in 30 minutes though).

Heh heh it would be pretty funny if USA lost to Slovenia smile http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/ro … index.html

In other news, GO GHANA!

A draw is a win for team USA

New York City

Nobody taught them the rules xD

How can they celebrate such a pathetically-played match?
The goal only happened because the brit goalie has butterfigers!

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jun 13, 2010 5:29 pm)

Central-ish VA
akira^8GB wrote:

Nobody taught them the rules xD

How can they celebrate such a pathetically-played match?
The goal only happened because the brit goalie has butterfigers!

Man, we are the United States, we don't win football, ever.  Most Americans completely ignore it as a sport anyway, so this is good enough for us.  We'll lose eventually, for sure, but here's to some hella-decent playing, right?

Last edited by Beverage (Jun 13, 2010 6:33 pm)

Westfield, NJ
Flopps wrote:

A draw is a win for team USA

New York Post is a tabloid. If you see that title on the New York Times, then we'll talk.

Beverage wrote:

Man, we are the United States, we don't win football, ever.  Most Americans completely ignore it as a sport anyway, so this is good enough for us.  We'll lose eventually, for sure, but here's to some hella-decent playing, right?

THIS. Besides, did England score any goals after the first time? No. After the first 10 minutes, the USA goalie was playing really well. He didn't let anything else get past him. If the USA forwards could put together some actual plays, it would be a good team.

/me watching Germany rock Aus.

brighton, uk
Decktonic wrote:

I think the US national team played their best ever.

Brazil

Only Deutschland played a good football game. The first real game of the World Cup.

But I think that USA won that game too hahaha Awful game, specially that "turkey".

Brazil

Also, you guys don't know how it's the craze here in Brazil. Even my mother bought a brazilian flag.