washington
Charmiene wrote:

Guys, should I get a blank cart and flash it with LSDJ or should I find an actual LSDJ cart on ebay?

i'm not sure which one is the real one here, but as far as i'm aware, original lsdj carts are either nonexistent (they were just the old school 32m ems carts) or they're incredibly hard to find.

so yeah, just hit up the lsdj website and donate to get the rom, then order an ems cart from kitsch's site. you can get the most recent version (in this case older isn't better) and the function of usb for backup without having to get a cart flasher (both hard to find and expensive)

Unknown
Alpine wrote:
Charmiene wrote:

Guys, should I get a blank cart and flash it with LSDJ or should I find an actual LSDJ cart on ebay?

buy a 64mb EMS or drag n derp, and but LSDJ o it, if you want LSDJ that is. If you're looking for portability then you could just as easily get piggy on a psp/other system that supports it.

ah Alpine I see you are using piggy now

UK, Leicester
Digital Darwin wrote:
Alpine wrote:

buy a 64mb EMS or drag n derp, and but LSDJ o it, if you want LSDJ that is. If you're looking for portability then you could just as easily get piggy on a psp/other system that supports it.

ah Alpine I see you are using piggy now

Yeah bro, after using it as a last resort kinda thing for a week, it's grown on me a bit haha.

Also dude, check your messages on facebook.

Sorry that this is getting more and more off-topic, I'll be sure to upload a picture of my setup later on.

西安
Charmiene wrote:

why don't you just EQ down the highs and lows on your master channel and then mix with that?

I think having monitors that you need to EQ in order to get unbiased sound probably goes against the idea of using them as a reference in the first place?

I had thought that the point of nice monitors was to have neutral, unbiased sound for clarity in mixing/mastering, though I've never owned any.

edit: derp, thanks esc, at least I wasn't off the mark

Last edited by viciousitaly (Aug 1, 2013 8:28 pm)

washington

have any of y'all tried out the presonus eris monitors? they're supposed to be super unbiased/accurate.

San Diego
basspuddle wrote:

have any of y'all tried out the presonus eris monitors? they're supposed to be super unbiased/accurate.

After researching the PreSonus E8s I'm very interested in these monitors actually. Better frequency range then the Yamaha hs80m and about $100 cheaper. If you don't care about the low range you could opt for the E5s, at $150 it's a really good deal.

Last edited by Vile (Aug 1, 2013 9:23 pm)

My setup for GLEETCH LONDON at the Moustache Bar in London tonight!! Notable gear: nitro2k01's GB Amen masher, modified (housed it in a box and added power starve circuitbend for pitch control) Loud Objects circuit, second kind of dumb fake DIY Loud Object made with an Arduino, (it uses the code that makes different random-ish beats, i managed to vaguely change some numbers to make it a bit more hardcore sounding but it's a total bodge and i couldn't figure out how to make it mono, or digitally switch between channels, so it has a physical left/right switch on the output (^u^;)> which so stupid.), mostly going thru the good old Gieskes DEP2a. Might add a bass synth pedal in there somewhere for extra possibilities re: making people feel like they're listening to some dance music of some strange sort, and not just a harsh noise artist inexplicably booked at midnight at the trendiest bar in dalston big_smile

Full info here if anyone feels like coming to hear this in action. Free entry! ^__^
https://www.facebook.com/events/6691265 … 0288998546

Last edited by Cementimental (Aug 9, 2013 12:05 pm)

Boise, ID
Cementimental wrote:

My setup for GLEETCH LONDON at the Moustache Bar in London tonight!! Notable gear: nitro2k01's GB Amen masher, modified (housed it in a box and added power starve circuitbend for pitch control) Loud Objects circuit, second kind of dumb fake DIY Loud Object made with an Arduino, (it uses the code that makes different random-ish beats, i managed to vaguely change some numbers to make it a bit more hardcore sounding but it's a total bodge and i couldn't figure out how to make it mono, or digitally switch between channels, so it has a physical left/right switch on the output (^u^;)> which so stupid.), mostly going thru the good old Gieskes DEP2a. Might add a bass synth pedal in there somewhere for extra possibilities re: making people feel like they're listening to some dance music of some strange sort, and not just a harsh noise artist inexplicably booked at midnight at the trendiest bar in dalston big_smile

Dang

Puerto Rico
Cementimental wrote:

Full info here if anyone feels like coming to hear this in action. Free entry! ^__^
https://www.facebook.com/events/6691265 … 0288998546

All those pedals remind me of how much I'm aching to hook up my DMG to my guitar's pedalboard. (Whammy, Delays, Phaser, fuzz, OD and Ring modulator) i'm expecting the Ring mod to completely obliterate eardrums.

Anyway, all this to say that I love this setup!!

Puerto Rico
Alpine wrote:
Charmiene wrote:

^ This. Exactly what I did. No complaints.

PanicPlant wrote:

All those pedals remind me of how much I'm aching to hook up my DMG to my guitar's pedalboard. (Whammy, Delays, Phaser, fuzz, OD and Ring modulator) i'm expecting the Ring mod to completely obliterate eardrums.

Sounds like a plan. smile

Thanks ^__^ It was a fun show and I got a recording which I might put online/release once i've had a proper listen back.

Puerto Rico
Cementimental wrote:
PanicPlant wrote:

Sounds like a plan. smile

Thanks ^__^ It was a fun show and I got a recording which I might put online/release once i've had a proper listen back.

Can't wait to listen to that! Keep us updated! big_smile

Someone just uploaded some video of said set on youtube! ^_^ Not the best sound quality but gives you some idea. =  http://youtu.be/5iLyeiYc_ps

Pretty chaotic, I've been listening to a lot of flashcore recently (Atomhead, Undacova, Neurocore etc) which has had some influence tho it's nowhere near what they do really, just my kind of chip/noise attempt at using beats/core sounds smile

Last edited by Cementimental (Aug 23, 2013 8:16 pm)

washington

that's noisy and chaotic and really nice. smile

thanks!

Unsubscribe