Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Not sure if it's something wrong with VirtuaNES, but the tempo tap feature in blargg's v8 does't seem to work.  I'll try it out on my powerpack when I get home, though.

Minneapolis
Kris k wrote:
arfink wrote:

Glad you think so. HEHEHEHEHE!

please let us know when this is doable - a cheaper alternative to the powerpak would definitely be a big help for people who want to get into NTRQ/Famitracker, Pulsar, and NES visuals

It might, but then again, it might not. You will have to wait and see.

Yeah, don't get your hopes up about a cheap devcart that can run anything. It would likely ONLY be able to run special small programs made for it.

Venezuela

ooommmmmooommmm mmooommm mmoooommmo mooomm.....

blargg, anyway possible to have various or different sprites??? i mean, like by pressing a key combination to switch between them!... and also if there is anyway to have 8x8 sprites graphics? 8x8 will made us have MORE SPRITESSSS :DDDD mmooommmnnoommm nooomm

keep up the goodworok! smile

rochester, ny

the tap tempo works great for me on my powerpak, just saying.

))<>((

holy shit guys. Blargg, and Niel, you are both complete animals. These are both fucking amazing.

I saw this thread when it was new, and haven't looked at it since, so I was completely blown away when I checked it, and noticed someone had actually done it.

Wow, these palette changes inspired by Neil's version are coming out really cool. I'm seeing the value of having several parameters you can adjust. Messing with the three rates on the spiral makes some really cool combinations. This really leaves room for individual styles using this, rather than everyone's VJing looking the same. The next update will have these, along with expanded documentation so you can better understand how the patterns work and how to tweak them.

@ui, this is about the maximum number of lights you can get, due to technical limitations.

Tokyo, Japan

Just recorded a little video showing off how awesome this is.

I think I may have found a little bug too, there is a thin line on the right side of the screen when using any of the "secondary" shapes. Present on both my Powerpak and my Emu. Its by no means major but I thought you might want to know.

Also you are my hero!

Could I make a "vertical rain" pattern request please?

WOW MAN!
blargg wrote:

Wow, these palette changes inspired by Neil's version are coming out really cool. I'm seeing the value of having several parameters you can adjust. Messing with the three rates on the spiral makes some really cool combinations.

*thumb up*

I do love how updating the colours at a slower rate gives you a kind of slow wash/burn effect. Can't wait to see it with your full palette.

This whole thing has got me thinking about whether we could add audio to it too. Been thinking about putting together tables of scales that could be cycled or random notes selected, coming up with music algorithms that match the animation.

Anyone seen Bloom on iPhone?

Obviously not for everyone but I think it might be quite cool as an option. If you're VJing it might even serve as "filler" for those awkward quiet gaps in a set wink

Tokyo, Japan

I did a little video of all the new features!

Philly, PA, USA

Is there a way to make it go kind of monochrome? not the greyscale mode, but like, so that the colors stay within a certain range. like only blue-greens or red-oranges. I think that would be cool, like some kind of button combination that just keeps it from cycling through the whole rainbow.

Tokyo, Japan

You can dramatically slow the color cycle which has a very similar effect

IL, US

i think being able to shut off the color cycling entirely would be very helpful smile

Tokyo, Japan

Yah, I must admit, thinking about it that would be a pretty awesome feature.

WOW MAN!

You can do it in my version. Just keep tapping START to go through all the palettes.

It's pretty easy to add more palettes.

Currently I have;

- All colours in numeric order
- All colours but grouped by hue
- All blues (there are 2 sets)
- All purples
- All pinks
- All reds
- All oranges
- All yellows
- All greens
- All cyans

Last edited by neilbaldwin (Jul 24, 2010 5:06 pm)

IL, US

ahh cool smile hadnt spotted that yet, though ive barely had time to try any of the versions (moving sucks all your time away, if i dont work on some music soon im going to crack)