Offline
East Coast USA

I'm wondering what styles of music people think sounds best with chip instrumentation. I've been doing some Vaporwave-ish stuff and House music with my GBA and Nanoloop2 lately, and I absolutely love the trance and Techno that I've seen played on LSDJ. What does everyone think?

Offline
IL, US

breakcore.

Offline
Hell, Cockville

I freaking love trance and house on LSDJ when it's done right.

Offline
Madriz, Supain

OMG DUDE ITS LIEK MARIO ON A RAVE

Offline
Baja California

Lots to list here.

Offline

I treat chip music like a genre. I know it's not one, but I kinda have to be in the mood for it.

Offline
Joliette, QC, Canada

Happychip
SID funk
Jungle chip
Amigacore

Offline

Jazz
Funk
Disco/Dance/80's flavored
Retro VGM styles (Mario, Megaman, Sonic, 80's arcade tunes)
Classical Orchestral styles
Ragtime (probably my favorite)
90's Shmup styles

Offline
Sweden

dance music with that gut-wrenching, battery-acid tasting bassline that really just heaps corrosive wavesugar right into your earholes.

Having said that, yeah. Stupid dance music/funk chip is my kind of chiptune so far. I'm sure I'll grow up eventually and start wearing suspenders and listen to jazz chiptune.

Offline
Boise, ID

I like any chip music that does a good job evoking moods and feelings, really. Creative sound design is always a plus.

Many chipmusician's styles of composition do not always cleanly fit into the labels of "regular" genres of music. It's just... them. I'm not sure if I'm expressing that right.

Offline
Boise, ID
my.Explosion wrote:

dance music with that gut-wrenching, battery-acid tasting bassline that really just heaps corrosive wavesugar right into your earholes.

are you talking about sonic capabilities of the gameboy's wave channel? cause I love that gritty resonance too tongue

Offline
Sweden
ShintarouMusic wrote:

are you talking about sonic capabilities of the gameboy's wave channel? cause I love that gritty resonance too tongue

I am.

I LOVE the wave channel.
But of course it extends to other soundchips that can pump out something very coarse and bassy.

smile

Offline
ShintarouMusic wrote:

I like any chip music that does a good job evoking moods and feelings, really. Creative sound design is always a plus...

Hmmmm... Would this song qualify?

http://chipmusic.org/marcb0t/music/ocean-melody

Offline
Boise, ID
marcb0t wrote:
ShintarouMusic wrote:

I like any chip music that does a good job evoking moods and feelings, really. Creative sound design is always a plus...

Hmmmm... Would this song qualify?

http://chipmusic.org/marcb0t/music/ocean-melody

Yeah, that was a really nice piece! I love aquatic vibes

Offline
Nottingham, UK

zan zan zawa genre

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Apr 15, 2016 10:02 am)

Offline
Bristol, UK

LSDj wubs and breaks and custom samples.