WOW MAN!
bleo wrote:

Totally 2 per table...... then you'd also be able to use 2 FX simultaneously in a particular pattern step.

Ah, that's quite a good point. I wasn't thinking along those lines but that makes sense.

*furiously rubs out pencil memory map*

Last edited by neilbaldwin (Jul 20, 2010 1:36 pm)

BK

i agree with bleo 100%

Milwaukee, WI

Yep I agree with bleo too.  Also I think an LSDJ styled interface would be great!

San Francisco
neilbaldwin wrote:

2 FX per pattern (phrase) step and 1 FX per table step

New York City

Fucking shit. Nice.

Milwaukee, WI

Am I the only one who thinks any more LSDJ-anything is not a good idea?

IL, US
RG wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks any more LSDJ-anything is not a good idea?

cant really blame an interface type or program in specific if you dont like the resulting music smile
even if you could, things you like can based off things you dont like (im not really into LSDJ, but i love LGPT)

This is sweet

Milwaukee, WI

I just *really* like the scrolling aspect of a tracker and as far as I know LSDJ doesn't scroll like a classic tracker should.

RG wrote:

I just *really* like the scrolling aspect of a tracker and as far as I know LSDJ doesn't scroll like a classic tracker should.

IL, US

haha, odd thing to be a deal breaker if you ask me, but ok... smile

WOW MAN!

If I'm to pull off this thing, the 4x refresh speed for the audio engine means screen display updating has to be kept to an absolute minimum.

Which currently is meaning it looks a *lot* like LSDJ. LOL smile

WOW MAN!

My point being - I don't *want* to make something like LSDJ but having wracked my brains on how to overcome the screen drawing issue, it's now pretty obvious why LSDJ is designed the way it is (to a certain extent)

Unsubscribe

ui aside, its really elegant way for dpad editing.. DONT FIGHT THE FORCE LUKE.

New York City
RG wrote:

Surely a minor detail. LSDJ *IS* a tracker.
and there's no need to scroll because it uses 16 step patterns.

Since I am a drum machine/step sequencer person, I usually limit my tracker to use 16-step patterns too, so no scrolling. It doesn't add or take anything from my experience when composing.

LSDJ has, as said before, the simplest, most elegant and userfriendly interface for d-pad driven machines.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jul 21, 2010 8:17 pm)

uhajdafdfdfa
akira^8GB wrote:
RG wrote:

Surely a minor detail. LSDJ *IS* a tracker.
and there's no need to scroll because it uses 16 step patterns.

Since I am a drum machine/step sequencer person, I usually limit my tracker to use 16-step patterns too, so no scrolling. It doesn't add or take anything from my experience when composing.

LSDJ has, as said before, the simplest, most elegant and userfriendly interface for d-pad driven machines.

Maybe he meant the sideways scrolling, the being able to see more than one channel on screen at a time thing. Which of course has absolutely nothing to do with D-Pads but more to do with screen resolution (which is understandable). It put me off LGPT for a while but I've been getting used to it recently.