San Francisco
herr_prof wrote:

i think the pspseq interface is the most limiting thing about this otherwise wonderful program.

Rochester, NY
RG wrote:

What's so o_0 about that? LOL

This might be a regional attitude as it's been the Midwest way for 10+ years. The faster the better, even if the song is not.

"If it doesn't scroll it doesn't get made."

this is the most retarded thing i've read in a while, that's what. if anything, "insane scrolling" is a pain in the dick. and wtf is "the Midwest way"?! like the Midwest is the epicenter of tracking? lofl, hardcore Midwest reprazent!!

pffftt...

thieveland ohio

midwest keep it real...and i think the lsdj interface is awesome

Milwaukee, WI

Midwest is the best.  DIE!

Milwaukee, WI
jbuonacc wrote:
RG wrote:

What's so o_0 about that? LOL

This might be a regional attitude as it's been the Midwest way for 10+ years. The faster the better, even if the song is not.

"If it doesn't scroll it doesn't get made."

this is the most retarded thing i've read in a while, that's what. if anything, "insane scrolling" is a pain in the dick. and wtf is "the Midwest way"?! like the Midwest is the epicenter of tracking? lofl, hardcore Midwest reprazent!!

pffftt...

Who said the Midwest was the epicenter of tracking?

I'm not saying we created it but I am saying we were on this before the coasts. You might want to read up a little on the history of the Midwest and it's electronic heritage, sir. Get schooled.

Scrolling is a major part of the music creation process for some of us. There's no sense of speed when the screen is at a stand-still. I'll try to get Stagediver (dispyz) to upload a video of the actual Amiga tracker, but you cannot even see the notes when you see this song in action. He had a really good discussion in Chicago for dorkbot international about the influence of unstable Amiga equipment, scrolling and how this music wouldn't be the same if made by any other means.

uhajdafdfdfa

On the other hand, you can't edit the song while it's playing if it's scrolling. Not that that matters much if you're just copy pasting a kick drum on every step for the whole thing, I guess. smile LSDJ interface seems like quite a good idea for this PULSAR tracker, I really like the tables in LGPT, they are a good way of making instruments and sounds.

Milwaukee, WI

Yeah and that's a huge gripe I have with Octamed: no way to switch back and forth from scrolling and stand-still editing. It does come in handy to have a still screen, but I couldn't use it for the whole song...just arps, whatnot.

Copy-paste is a popular function for house music. wink

Obviously it's a good idea if memory dictates. I'd rather not have this thread be about my preference for scrolling though.

Last edited by RG (Jul 24, 2010 6:56 am)

San Francisco

the lsdj interface would be cool. the tables are a really great method for instrument creation. i think the song and phrase screens would be great to have as a live control. it would be interesting however to have the loop screen mor akin to a standard tracker interface. the 2 command lines would be awesome for this. would it be possible to have a third volume command line? I dont know... maybe that is too much.
i dont know... there is so many lsdj like interfaces right now, i hope its mixed up a bit. it would be nice to have a new and interesting work flow.

Last edited by wedanced (Jul 25, 2010 6:49 am)

WOW MAN!

Something that is really good about the LSDJ interface is how it makes use of a very small screen area.

Because I'll be (almost) maxing out the CPU with the audio engine refreshing, I need to get the screen refreshing as fast as I can and that's massively helped by reducing the on-screen layout/information right down to a size that's not unlike LSDJ. There'll be big areas of the NES's screen that go unused - if I don't use it I don't have to update it, leaving more time for audio processing.

It makes me slightly uncomfortable taking layout/UI ideas from LSDJ but in this case it's an almost perfect solution to the problem.

WOW MAN!

http://blog.ntrq.net/?p=333

Unsubscribe

O M G

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

nice work as usual neil...
here's my testing info

platform: windows 7 (64bit)
emulator: fceux 2.0.0
savesize: 8k

Brazil

Here's my info:

platform: windows XP
emulator: Nestopia 1.40
savesize: 32k

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Aug 4, 2010 10:04 pm)

Minneapolis
neilbaldwin wrote:

http://blog.ntrq.net/?p=333

NOOOOOOES! There are absolutely ZERO NES games which support SXROM. None. Powerpak doesn't even support it yet. The only way to run this on real hardware right now is with a Famicom cart, and there are only two available SXROM donors, both of which are rare and expensive. If you moved away from MMC1 you could make this more compatible with real hardware and still get your 32kb of SRAM.

Also, when are you going to integrate outputting .SAV files via the controller port to PC? Look at Blargg's code examples here: http://nesdev.parodius.com/bbs/viewtopi … 5375#65375

Last edited by arfink (Aug 4, 2010 10:34 pm)

WOW MAN!
arfink wrote:

If you moved away from MMC1 you could make this more compatible with real hardware and still get your 32kb of SRAM.

I'm all ears...

USA

Neil, have you thought about making a version of pulsar that is not a tracker. I would love to see something similar to Nerdrix for the Game Boy where you can play scales with the A + the D-pad. Then you can have Start and Select change instrument/scale presets. What do you think?