Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

I have the first 20 kits.
I had a couple of friends build up the kits and
they confirmed to me that they worked when they built them and the 2 i have built work fine,
so i'm going with that saying.. They're good to go! smile

You can purchase the kit through my website here:

http://lowgain-audio.com/midithru.htm

The kit will include all the parts needed to complete the PCB and panel mounted parts including
power jack, power switch, power LED and Midi Jacks w/ hardware.

*note* Kit does not include an enclosure or power supply. this project will run off a 9-12Vdc wall wart rated at 300mA or higher.
A PDF of the instructions has been created and will be available shortly.

It is a very simple build (as you can see above)

On a scale of 1-5. 1 being novice, 5 being expert..
I'd put the difficulty of this kit at a 2-3
Once you get 1 midi jack wired correctly the rest are just the same! smile .

Price for US buyers will be $55 shipped. Price outside the US is un known at the moment, But 
i suspect it wont be too much more than $65USD.

For more pictures of the misc. builds of it so far... please visit the following link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lameboymus … 908880858/

Simple buss powered  midi thru boxes can be unreliable and still cost around $50-100.
Active midi thru boxes that are 1x8 or more cost easily $150+.
Save yourself some money and multiply your Midi output by 11 in style!
These are active/buffered outputs!

If you are wanting to purchase a kit, please visit:

http://lowgain-audio.com/midithru.htm

Last edited by low-gain (Aug 16, 2010 11:48 am)

Melbourne, Australia

Looks great big_smile

rochester, ny

wow, this is pretty nuts. i will discuss this with my band.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
nickmaynard wrote:

wow, this is pretty nuts. i will discuss this with my band.

it is pretty nuts! smile it's a sweet project! Specially if you're in need of a low-cost fix to only having 1 midi output on your sequencer or keyboard or something.
it's a perfect match for a GP2X w/ Piggy=>MIDI that's for sure! It's what spawned the whole idea of doing this anyways. smile

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

*bump 4 love*

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

*bump*

I have the assembly guide written up and made into a PDF. i'm just uploading to my server now.
In the mean time i've posted a picture of the wiring diagram for the Midi Thru Box Project. As you can see it's very
simple to wire!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

*Bump*

Shipping the first batch of kits out. still have plenty in stock. just wanted to let those know who are waiting... they're on there way!
And for those looking to order... there isn't a wait anymore!

California

I am going to buy one of these but was wondering if I could somehow buy one prebuilt with enclosure supplied. I would be willing to pay whatever extra necessary.

clovis CA
Rei Yano wrote:

I am going to buy one of these but was wondering if I could somehow buy one prebuilt with enclosure supplied. I would be willing to pay whatever extra necessary.

buy it and ill build it, i think your the guy thats in my same city (or the next one =] )

i got some cigar boxes for inclosures, PM me or email me at [email protected]

ill build it for like, $5 and a few for the cigar box, sound tight?

California
pr0n wrote:
Rei Yano wrote:

buy it and ill build it, i think your the guy thats in my same city (or the next one =] )

i got some cigar boxes for inclosures, PM me or email me at [email protected]

ill build it for like, $5 and a few for the cigar box, sound tight?

I will email you.

clovis CA

waiting for an email wink

California
pr0n wrote:

waiting for an email wink

I sent to [email protected] check your spam?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

well hold on now... lol i can build it. It's my damn product. hahahaha

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

in all seriousness though, if pron wants to build it thats fine. I can mail the kit out when ever someone pays for one.

California

hey sounds good. how much more would it cost for you to build it in a decent enclosure low-gain?

California

PURCHASED. so extra fees for assembly? cost of enclosure? Thanks Low-Gain. gonna use this with ableton live and pair arduinoboy with maybe FaMi or midines (if I could even get a hold of a midines cart that is)

ofc the dream is to have a whole crapload of consoles via midi but we are not there quite yet.

Last edited by Rei Yano (Feb 4, 2011 1:28 am)