São Paulo, Brazil
pselodux wrote:

We're at the halfway point! Got some good stuff so far. How is everyone going with their tracks?

still trying to figure out how to make one long interesting track without relying on reverb and delay.

Melbourne

Good big_smile

Hopefully this encourages people to step out of their comfort zones a little!

São Paulo, Brazil

mr. dux, just sent you the track. Had a lot of fun!

gear used:
DMG-01 (Nanoloop Mono 1.05)
GBA SP (Nanoloop 2.8.2)

Live improvisation recorded on cassette tape using a TASCAM Ministudio Porta03mkII. No post-production compression & EQ.

Melbourne

Awesome!

Paris, France

I manage to get an audio interface last minute to be able to record my dear-old GBA.
My submission is finally sent!

Gear used:
GBA Classic (AGB-001)
keeping it real on my favourite flavour: 2.7.6

Track composed exclusively for this collaboration.
No EQ, no compression, no effects.
Track is sent unmastered so that you have more headroom to master it tightly and in harmony with the other tracks.

Best regards
Scanian Wolf

Last edited by ScanianWolf (Oct 1, 2017 2:37 am)

IL, US

got my track recorded tonight, hopefully can get through editing, mixing and mastering tomorrow, if not would it be ok if i'm a day or two late?

Melbourne

sweet! no problem, I probably won't get around to compiling everything until next weekend, but best to send as soon as possible big_smile

IL, US

sent mine. 2x 2.3 &1x 1.3 improvised. 34 minutes long

São Paulo, Brazil
e.s.c. wrote:

34 minutes long

as an old fan of long tracks and some of the artists on this, this will be probably my favorite comp ever.

Melbourne

Yeah this is nearly 6 hours long, with a couple of submissions still to come. A few tracks don't really fit in with the rest of the compilation, but I'm tempted to keep them in anyway, just because the grand scale of it is impressive.

IL, US
pselodux wrote:

Yeah this is nearly 6 hours long,

lol

Paris, France
pselodux wrote:

Yeah this is nearly 6 hours long, with a couple of submissions still to come. A few tracks don't really fit in with the rest of the compilation, but I'm tempted to keep them in anyway, just because the grand scale of it is impressive.

I definitely see why a seamless compilation is desirable in the long-form 'genre'. Although I personally often like some 'out of the blue' -tracks on compilation albums which kind of makes you listen more attentively to everything.. Well I know 6h is a lot. But I'd say go with the misfits anyway. I'm curious to see how it all comes together. But of course, you know the tracks and the flow better than anyone else so you should definitely do exactly as you prefer. I admire you for taking the making of such a compilation upon yourself!

Last edited by ScanianWolf (Oct 6, 2017 9:46 pm)

Melbourne

I think I've got a track order sorted out, and haven't had to exclude anything (well, except for maybe atomsmasha's submission "the nanoloop song" which is 10 minutes of the default nanoloop2 beep—even still I might include it as a bonus track lol). I'm still waiting on one possible entry though so I'll hold off until then.

Melbourne, Australia
pselodux wrote:

haven't had to exclude anything (well, except for maybe atomsmasha's submission "the nanoloop song" which is 10 minutes of the default nanoloop2 beep)

omg such censorship how dare u insalt an artist's vision like that this is what happen when mullenials and the PC police take over smh

Tacoma WA
Panda Chan wrote:
pselodux wrote:

haven't had to exclude anything (well, except for maybe atomsmasha's submission "the nanoloop song" which is 10 minutes of the default nanoloop2 beep)

omg such censorship how dare u insalt an artist's vision like that this is what happen when mullenials and the PC police take over smh

it needs to be included and called the bonus track lol

Melbourne

haha absolutely