Wellington, New Zealand

I can't find many kiwis that are in to chiptunes. I'm from Wellington.
I wanna go to a chip concert or go busking with someone or some shit.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

there is this guy: http://www.myspace.com/oldgreywolfmusic

He played A LOW HUM last year, I think.

I dig it.

Wellington, New Zealand

Yeah I emailed him awhile ago. He only plays in pubs that are 18+
Theres also this dr offset guy but he's never on and he just makes noise with his gameboy I think.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

what about http://www.myspace.com/donteatdinosaurs ?

nz

Hello!
I mostly do homemade noisemaker circuits, haven't really picked up the gameboy lately.  But yeah, I'd go to an electro-music type pub night if there was one.

Melbourne

Hey Apricorn, I was thinking about asking the same question. I'm from Christchurch and so is my friend Never.
So yeah, we don't exactly gig because there isn't a scene for it. But we played a house party once...
If all of New Zealand was in one city we might almost have enough people in one place for a gig!

Last edited by FuturNari (Aug 1, 2010 11:15 pm)

Melbourne, Australia

How about you all come to Melbourne some time and we'll hold a Soundbytes Kiwi showcase? This is a real 100% legit offer. If you guys can scrape some cash together for an airfare I'll take care of the rest. Whudaya reckon?

Melbourne

My sister is moving back to Melbourne soon so I often visit her anyway so I am THERE.

New Zealand

I'm keen.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Melbourne, Australia

Let's make it happen guys! If you're keen and know other brothers and sisters who inhabit the Pacific region then drop me an email at [email protected] and we'll get this show on the road. At first glance tickets from Aukland to Melbourne can be had for $328 AUD return. Pretty damn cheap.

At this stage I'm moving the planning for this potential event from this forum to my inbox. If you are interested, want to help, have ideas or just want more info feel free to email or PM me.

Melbourne

Awesome! This will be super cool if it can happen. Hopefully at least a few people can do it!

Edit: I tried emailing you celsius but it said your email doesn't exist!

Last edited by FuturNari (Aug 2, 2010 12:28 am)

Wellington

A Kiwi showcase would be so awesome!! We could do an Australia showcase over here.

@FuturNari If you wanna gig you just gotta do it. Just start organising shows with other bands you like or your mates' bands, chip or not. I'm still hanging out to play my first show with another chip artist! You should definately come up to Wellington and we could do a chip showcase.

@10k thanks for the props!! Blink (he is a low hum) is a real good guy and he actually knows a little bit about the chip scene. Last year he was telling me he was planning on bringing bit shifter over for camp a low hum but I don't if that will actually happen

Melbourne, Australia

OldGreyWolf! Good idea man. A nice little cultural exchange. I love NZ and would be keen to come to a gig and party if you guys throw something. You should email me if you are keen to play a Soundbytes in Melbourne OldGreyWolf. C'mon guys! I'm hearing a lot of enthusiasm but I'm not recieving a lot of emails wink

[email protected]

Melbourne

Just emailed ^

GreyWolf yeah I am about due to organise a gig in Christchurch, I'm supposed to play with Nevers band soon but the venue didn't email them back!

celsius it would definitely be awesome to do an exchange, I would be so keen to see some Australian chip players!

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
OldGreyWolf wrote:

A Kiwi showcase would be so awesome!! We could do an Australia showcase over here.

@FuturNari If you wanna gig you just gotta do it. Just start organising shows with other bands you like or your mates' bands, chip or not. I'm still hanging out to play my first show with another chip artist! You should definately come up to Wellington and we could do a chip showcase.

@10k thanks for the props!! Blink (he is a low hum) is a real good guy and he actually knows a little bit about the chip scene. Last year he was telling me he was planning on bringing bit shifter over for camp a low hum but I don't if that will actually happen

Hey man!

Dot.AY and I met him at the TINA festival in Newcastle. He seems like a good dude. Drove down the freeway to Sydney with him - had a really good chat. I heard the same thing about wanting to bring Bit Shifter or Random down, but I didn't really believe it was going to happen. Though he did manage to get Daedalus down, right?!

Let's make this shit happen!