Tucson, AZ

It's surprising to me as someone who generally isn't that big on chip music that I'm on my third straight play through minusbaby's new album, Derecha. And even though I admittedly get fidgety and impatient on hearing more than one song at any given time in any given genre (chronic musical ADD), here I am humming along like an asshole, more forcefully with each repeated listen, ad-libbing riffs here and there while I finger-drum beats on my desktop like a white Candido, and quickly approaching my fourth return listen.

As an album, it's a mature progression from his previous EP, Left. And it's damn good. And I want to tell people about it, but what do I even say?  It's chip music, but it doesn't sound like something from any video game I played when I was a kid. It's new music made with old-school mentality using a combination of sounds that could either be from 1985 or 2085. It's funky, it's danceable, it's composed, it's cerebral, it's performing a complicated samba throughout the Southern Hemisphere at times. It's all of these and yet it's none of these.

In a word, it's minusbaby.

Dylan Garret, DJ • New York, NY • July 2010

Tracklisting
---
01 Algzèbres, Pts. A-M
02 Algzèbres, Pts. N-Z
03 Transmitiendo Señales Mezcladas
04 Una Caja de los Ochentas
05 Fuiste Fuerte
06 Números Inútiles

// DOWNLOAD 8BP110 //

Cambridge UK

A few months ago, I asked friends to create algzèbres (or "algezebras") to keep me company in the Mathematics Jungle. Obviously, minusbaby had to outdo himself.

IL, US

cant wait until normal internet is hooked up tommorrow to listen, downloading via cell phone...im sure this will be amazing, as all of minusbabys work has been for years smile </heartfelt show of good faith in minusbaby musics>

edit: listened smile ..very nice EP

New York, NY

Really into Algzèbres, Pts. N-Z at the moment.

Venezuela

sabor chico!!!!... DONLOADING

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

This is pretty "dope".

Planet Zaxxon

yes yes........... and then yes.

Chicago IL

going straight to my DS

Can't wait to hear it!

NY, US

Damn.

Brazil

Can't wait to listen to this LIVE heart

Philly, PA, USA

i've listened to this several times and it is awesome.
i'm not sure if i like it more than left, left is a masterpiece, but this is definitely awesome

also: left is a fucking masterpiece, just putting that out there

Last edited by pixls (Aug 3, 2010 4:13 am)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Honestly, Not my cup of tea.
Songs sorta all sound the same to me.
Although I can appreciate it as a whole.

But i'm a die hard fan of Monkey Patch...

Last edited by low-gain (Aug 3, 2010 5:34 am)

Anahiem, CA

Downloaded it and it went straight to my ipod. Amazing EP. I'm sure to keep listening to it over and over again.

NY, US

After hearing this on repeat all day long I have no complaints but one humble request: please have this album available as a single, uninterrupted file (like Note! did wih "12345". This is for us poor bastards out there with cheap mp3 players that take 5 seconds to go to the next track and screw up the flow.

New York City
EMdash wrote:

After hearing this on repeat all day long I have no complaints but one humble request: please have this album available as a single, uninterrupted file (like Note! did wih "12345". This is for us poor bastards out there with cheap mp3 players that take 5 seconds to go to the next track and screw up the flow.

Use iTunes to convert it into one file, man.