Griffintown, Montréal, Québec

hmmm here's a good use to that useless 60w soldering iron I n00b-bought some years ago

Plano, TX

Yeah, the only thing keeping me from getting a Dremel is this is literally the only thing I'd use it for. I tinker with enough stuff that I'm sure that it'll come in handy again, but damned if I can't think of anything specific at the moment.

http://amzn.com/B0000302Y1

^ This is only $27 though, I guess it's not as expensive as I was thinking.

Milan, Italy

use an old soldering iron to make the hole,
and then use a little nail-file to define/clean the borders.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

just borrow a dremel. not hard to find an owner.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Nullsleep wrote:
low-gain wrote:

Who's this guy?

That's me, logan, a mere 4 years ago.  AKA cuddly Nullsleep AKA chubby Nullsleep.  Look at me with my geeky glasses and tussled hair -- so cute!  But even then I wasn't so awkward as to make public posts in all-caps begging for responses from people.

Do you have any pictures of yourself from 4 years ago?  Maybe we can do side-by-side before & after comparison!  >_<  lol

Just to throw in something that's on-topic and get things back on track -- not the cheapest option, but Dremels are great for this kind of thing.

Exactly..

Just a nice reminder to you that you're not as god-like as you think you are and that just like the rest of us you're human. That being said. I'm human too and would appreciate it if you wouldn't make me the butt end of one of your jokes on a public forum.

as for on topic...

worst case.. use your soldering iron and a knife to clean up the hole a bit. Used to use that method when i was 13.

Griffintown, Montréal, Québec

Logan: what's this atheist bullshit propaganda? Null sleep isn't god? You could've told me BEFORE I swallowed sad now I feel drrty

OP: I think a dremel is one of those things you think you have no use for until you buy one, and then you use it for all kind of shit.

for 27$ I'd bite

must...resist....oredering....aaaaaah

Tucson, AZ
low-gain wrote:

Exactly..

Just a nice reminder to you that you're not as god-like as you think you are and that just like the rest of us you're human. That being said. I'm human too and would appreciate it if you wouldn't make me the butt end of one of your jokes on a public forum.

Thanks for that. I forget that sometimes and I appreciate you keeping my ego in check. Appreciating my humanity again.

use her lazer light eyes

Unsubscribe

This is the most ineptly concealed OT flamewar in the history of the internet.

Also what size bit do you all recommend for the Dremel?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Ciudad de méxico, MX

also,

with this "tool" make circular movements, and when you have the hole almost there, use sandpaper (the one for metal or wood works). make a small cylinder like a cone. and keep at it 'til is good enough.

EDIT: it's slow. but it works. good luck!

Last edited by Analog (Aug 3, 2010 7:32 pm)

Tucson, AZ

The Mountains
Nullsleep wrote:

yeah I'm saving this image until I get one for my future home, thank you

Philly
Nullsleep wrote:
low-gain wrote:

Who's this guy?

AKA cuddly Nullsleep

AKA Cuddle Magic Nullsleep.

San Francisco

1) get a hammer
2) Smash your gameboy w/ hammer
3) go look on torrents for ableton live
4) pirate
5) make real music

Last edited by IAYD (Feb 21, 2017 6:22 pm)