Ahh, the scourge of the chip community, thee cover song.
The purest of the pure in way-of-the-chip, the 48hr challenge.

As Dr. Egon Spengler once advised his collegues - one must not cross the streams.... But they went ahead and did it anyway. Taking a leaf from their book, I propose this thread.

1. I put myself up on the chopping block as the first contender. The 2nd person challenges me to make a cover of any song they see fit. Once made, it goes into the music section.

2. The power to challenge comes with a price - the challenger must become the challengee. The 3rd person challenges the 2nd.. and so on.

I welcome your call to arms.

Liverpool, UK

I Choose you, OMC!

Brazil

g0g0g0g0

Abandoned on Fire

Great format for a challenge thread.  "Do not challenge lest ye be challenged."  Nice!  smile

gahahahaha damn you! but,,, what can i do but accept.

Central-ish VA
calmdownkidder wrote:

I Choose you, OMC!

I think we need a chipmusic.org backup chorus in this track to do the "ooh baby" -s.

Wheeling, WV

So, do we wait until you're finished with yours before we challenge CDK?

challenge away, I say!

forgot about the ooh baby bit... bleh!

Beverage wrote:
calmdownkidder wrote:

I Choose you, OMC!

I think we need a chipmusic.org backup chorus in this track to do the "ooh baby" -s.

yes.

Wheeling, WV

In that case, CDK, take this.

oorriitte yew jerxxx [url]http://chipmusic.org/mk/music/[rolling-covers-thread---001]-minikomi---omc---how-bizzare[/url]

well.. that didnt work so well. Try this link instead... http://bit.ly/8YVNEr

Chicago, IL USA

hotmess WTF IS THAT?!?!

NYC
hotmessization wrote:

In that case, CDK, take this.

holy lord yes LOL

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

This is a really good creativity workshop. It's good to sometimes cover songs just to get your creative juices going!
Awesome stuff! I'd be up for this. but i also dont think it should be taken lightly.. with regard to choosing a song.. dont just pick a stupid song
that we can all laugh at to begin with.. i mean.. sure go ahead an do it.. but not all the time. I think while it will be very fun and good
creative practice, we should take it a little seriously.

Last edited by low-gain (Aug 14, 2010 3:40 pm)