Westfield, NJ
Nullsleep wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

I just want this thread deleted.

Why?  I never understand this type of request.

It's cathartic. Maybe someday I'll post a real tutorial, maybe not, but in the meantime, I won't have to defend my reasons for posting this.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

You don't have to defend yourself. Just post it and be done with the whole thing, and then don't get upset when someone criticizes it.

Westfield, NJ
an-cat-max wrote:

he's probably embarrassed..

Embarrassed for akira, maybe.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩
Decktonic wrote:
an-cat-max wrote:

Quit being immature.

Chicago IL

knock it off, you milk chugs

Westfield, NJ
Reteris wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

Quit being immature.

That's cute. Once Reteris starts trolling your thread, I guess it's time to be done with it. I'm out.

New York City
Decktonic wrote:
an-cat-max wrote:

Why should I be embarrassed for saying that this was hardly a tutorial as the thread title implies? That what was included in this video was not a "HOW TO MAKE" as the thread title suggests?
As far as I know and, feel free to point out if I am being obtuse, the person in the video does NOT explain anything, he's just doing what he's doing. Even if the case was given that I don't know what he is doing (which I do, and yes, you UNDER estimated me, and I talk about me since you keep referring to me so much), he doesn't explain it, so, how is this a HOW TO ?

Read my message again: it says "this and that, therefore THE THREAD TITLE IS MISLEADING"

If you, however, would say in the title "INTERESTING WAY TO USE DS-10" and then EXPLAIN "this is an interesting way to perform, the guy does this and that and I thought it was cool", I guess this would have been a much better thread. And I won't even delve into the drama you created and how you "demonized" me, because saying i am a dipshit is a fad that has passed. You are not being cool doing it, sorry.

I do not feel elitist or superior, I actually entered this thread because I have DS-10 and I find it hard to do some things with it past the point of boredom, and was expecting some tips, some tutorial, some process dissection that I could learn from and improve my knowledge. That's hardly a "I know it all" attitude.

Why do I even bother, with the tons of things I have to do? Oh, motherfucking internet.

Westfield, NJ

I wasn't going to respond anymore but I owe it to you to clear things up. I never called you a dipshit and would not even use that kind of language to begin with. I did not demonize you either. I really don't have a problem with you at all. I disagreed with your disagreement, which happens all the time. I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way.

I shared this video in a hurry because it's a normal workday. I didn't go through the trouble of making a tutorial, and I probably won't get the chance to anytime soon. As I already said, I'd like this thread deleted and would prefer if people stopped arguing over it. I'm here to make friends, not enemies, and I can tell when a thread is headed in the wrong direction, which happened a few minutes after this one started.

Last edited by Decktonic (Aug 19, 2010 9:38 pm)

Decktonic, you really don't know the difference between underestimate and overestimate. I think you have the meanings switched around.

Also, chill the fuck out. We all make mistakes. Just learn to deal with them. Don't ask to wipe them out of existence. Just learn from it.

It wasn't the most interesting video i've seen demonstrating DS-10, but it was alright. It'd be nice if the guy explained what he was doing though, like through annotations or something. I'll shut up now, im probably repeating the same old shit.

I've never used DS-10 but i believe it's pretty limited in terms of song length. It seems that playing something live is a way to make a song longer (perhaps what you meant by "complex") because you have unlimited time too mute or solo different tracks. I think the reason people started to complain is because you did not mention what you meant by "complex". If I'm right, it actually seems this could be useful for people trying to work outside the limitations of the program.

As for the video, I enjoyed it, very well constructed given it was played live and also a good example of what DS-10 can offer.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

Deck, seems that people need to understand more ds-10 workings. If you have something to share, please post it!

We always can learn something new from anybody. or think things that we can't achieve from ourselves alone.

))<>((

Is there no chip-based forum that is free of shit?

Trolls galore at 8bc, and elitist assholes here.

As far as I'm concerned, they're equally shitty.

not jophish anymore
akira^8GB wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

Uh, I guess I overestimated you guys.

You mean underestimated.

I think you mean misunderestimated.

Wheeling, WV

I'm still just waiting for video evidence of this circle jerk.

The Bronx

BE COOL, MY BABIES!

Fulgurites (from the Latin fulgur meaning thunderbolt) are natural hollow glass tubes formed in quartzose sand, or silica, or soil by lightning strikes. They are formed when lightning with a temperature of at least 1,800 °C (3,270 °F) instantaneously melts silica on a conductive surface and fuses grains together; the fulgurite tube is the cooled product. This process occurs over a period of around one second, and leaves evidence of the lightning path and its dispersion over the surface. Fulgurites can also be produced when a high voltage electrical distribution network breaks and the lines fall onto a conductive surface with sand beneath. They are sometimes referred to as petrified lightning. The glass formed is called lechatelierite which may also be formed by meteorite impact and volcanic explosions. Because it is amorphous, fulgurite is classified as a mineraloid. Fulgurites can have deep penetrations, sometimes occurring as far as 15 metres (49 ft) below the surface that was struck.
The tubes can be up to several centimeters in diameter, and meters long. The longest fulgurite found is approximately 4.9 to 5 metres (16.1 to 16.4 ft) in length, and was found in northern Florida, USA. Their color varies depending on the composition of the sand they formed in, ranging from black or tan to green or a translucent white. The interior is normally very smooth or lined with fine bubbles; the exterior is generally coated with rough sand particles and is porous. They are rootlike in appearance and often show branching or small holes. Fulgurites occasionally form as glazing on solid rocks (sometimes referred to as an exogenic fulgurite).

Last edited by Andrew Winzenburg (Aug 20, 2010 3:25 am)