Sweet vid, Deck. Thanks for posting this. However, It would be more helpful if we are shown the patch bay and what the automation is doing. None-the-less, helpful and a cool track. smile

Roanoke, Virginia, USA

thanks Decktonic, whenever you post anything with a positive attitude, it is not a waste of time.
The waste of time is people who scour the posts for situations they can make  make negative comments about, thus making themselves feel superior.That's my take anyway. Some of the inhibiting weeds planted over at 8bc appear to have scattered their seeds over here already. Some of these individuals should just become admins if they want so bad to police  the threads. I've always sensed a definite animosity towards the ds-10 in the chipscene anyway, so one should expect this. I've pretty much grown quite bored with it and I pretty much say fuck it.
Just make music and forget about trying to be part of what used to be a tight respectful scene and is  becoming no more than a sheeplike compost of the same ideas and sounds. Apart from the small handful of artists who are trying to innovate it's pretty much become what I hated about the rocknroll loser world.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩
Receptors wrote:

I've always sensed a definite animosity towards the ds-10 in the chipscene

I think you have people who care more about the end product, and you have people who care more about the limitations and the way you got around to making the end product. Honestly, who gives a fuck? It's all just music. hmm

Roanoke, Virginia, USA

agree. but it's hypocritical to be part of a scene that's all about limitations and then rag on the ds10 because of it's limitations. I keep hearing ' yeh i got a ds10 but i can't do this and that blah'. in that case you failed at using the ds10. it's time we realized that every instrument has it's limitations. i hate changing guitar strings. there really is nothing special about limitations. sadly it's become the chipscene's go to  gimmick after all. being able to program a whole song in 5 mins on an lsdj is the opposite of a limitation. as we all know once you know how to program on a tracker it's the easiest fuckin thing in the world. childsplay indeed

Last edited by Receptors (Aug 20, 2010 5:31 am)

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

I think it's about the sound limitations and amount of channels/instruments that you have to work with, and not so much the software itself.

Tacoma WA

i thought it was about the limitations with the drums ASDR envelopes in the DS10.

always drove me nuts when i was trying to do droney stuff with it

England
tacticalbread wrote:

Is there no chip-based forum that is free of shit?

Trolls galore at 8bc, and elitist assholes here.

As far as I'm concerned, they're equally shitty.

Something to do with grown men playing with toys, I think.

Decktonic, your post was fine, as was its title. Keep participating and don't let any know-it-all put you off!

Last edited by InactiveX (Aug 20, 2010 5:45 am)

Roanoke, Virginia, USA

. it's about limitations of being a bass cellist and having to lug around an instrument that's bigger than you are on plane so you can play a 45 min show in bumfuck egypt too. it's about setting up and breaking down a drum set and having back problems cos of it. one can choose to be a minimalist at anytime and only use only 1 track or only a piano. this scene's 'limitations' are no more noble than any of those

Last edited by Receptors (Aug 20, 2010 5:48 am)

There's something for everyone. I don't like DS-10 music. I don't like the Beatles. I'm sick of the Amen break.

Does that make me an elitist?