Norwich, UK

Hi there,

I was just wondering whether this would work or if there was another solution to my problem.

GB Transferer -> USB to Parallel port adapter -> Mac  -> GB Cart Flasher (the software for mac)

or

GB Transferer -> USB to Parallel port adapter -> Mac  -> Parallels or similar software -> original gb transferer software

Thanks

Lyam

Brooklyn, NY

Unfortunately those commercial USB to parallel port adapters typically don't provide (I haven't seen one that does yet) a fully compliant port - they are basically stripped down to work with legacy printers.
Also, any code I've dealt with so far needs a physical address (LPT1/0x378) in order to work. I found this out the hard way when I did some development a few years ago.
You're welcome to try it, but just a fair warning before you buy anything!

Last edited by Batsly Adams (Aug 31, 2010 8:04 pm)

Norwich, UK

thanks for the answer... do you know any cheap alternatives to the gb transferer or schematics for a diy one?

Sweeeeeeden

This device is probably the only device that could ever work with the Transferer: http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~heha/ba … ex.html.en

Regular USB->LPT devices only provide access to a subset of the pins on the port, which is enough for printing and nothing more. This is explained on his page. I will mail him and ask what the device costs.

Norwich, UK

thanks

Chicago IL

just go on ebay and find an old laptop with a serial port for like 10/20 bucks

Norwich, UK

my mum has a walmart A535, i dont know how as we are in the UK tongue ahaa... i upgraded the ram for her for usage of the parallel port so everything is backed up now. Also, nitro2k01, i was wondering whether you would be able to have a look at my corrupt lsdj sav and see if its fixable, stupid gameboy pocket, it only have 2 song that i know are corrupt where one is only towards the end and the other has random instruments in the wave + noise channels (as far as i know). should i send it to: nitro2k01  at   gmail   dot   com?

Also, someone REALLY needs to make a program for EMS 64 carts for windows 7.

Sweeeeeeden

UNiX: Yes and yes.

Norwich, UK

I'll drop you an email tonight, thanks