Wheeling, WV

Hey guys,

So, I've been a bit weird/flakey/touchy on here, and I know that most of you don't care, but there are some people on here that I have been in contact with that should get the full scope of things.

I've dealt with depression for a long time. I was first diagnosed with it about ten years ago. Certain traumas have happened since then that made it worse. It's something that I've learned to deal with, and I'm fine most of the time, but lately, it hit me full on.

Three weeks ago, I ended up doing something stupid which resulted in me being sent to the ER, then in the ICU for a day, then put in a psych ward for the remainder of that week.

The time surrounding that incident, I haven't been myself (or, the scary thought, I have). I had flipped out on some of you, flaked out on some of you, and had just been really strange. Sorry to everybody who encountered that.

I namely wanted to apologize to those who I had done dealings with, particularly those who had planned to purchase something from me. I completely flaked on you guys. I know that would have pissed me off, so, I apologize greatly.

Also, I want to specifically apologize to Kitsch. Kitsch knows the type of person I usually am and trusted in me enough to send me one of his backlight kits to test. I still have it lying on my desk untouched. I honestly have no idea how I let that just sit there. These past couple of months have just been a blur to me, and I feel terrible.

Between losing my job, dealing with myself, and just everything involved. I'm just going to disappear for a bit. Maybe I'll come back with an album for your downloading pleasure. It will be a while though.

Those who I talk to outside of this website still know how to get ahold of me.

Later.

Cambridge UK

Maybe you should concider sending private messages to said people.
You have that option on this site.

I personnally don't feel comfortable reading such private things, to a point I stopped midway.

Take care.

There are a lot of people I know, many of them here, that suffer from depression. Some of them pretty seriously. Seems like you're doing the right thing by dealing with it and being up-front about it.

Also, from personal experience, you'd be really surprised at how much your life can change if you simply start eating regularly and correctly, going to bed before midnight and waking up before noon, drinking water, and getting a little exercise every day. Meditating helps a lot, as well as reading and writing and drawing, not just music.

Chicago, IL USA

@ Hot Mess: Good luck man. Hope a happy and speedy rejuvenation comes your way. Though I haven't been privy to any change as of late, being a bit absent from 8 bit things lately, I've appreciated a lot you've said and contributed in the past, and for one, think it takes a lot to openly say, "I'm sorry, here's the deal, will be back when I can." Kudos, in the deepest, truest, original sense of the word. My heart and thoughts go out to you.

@George, if it didn't greatly affect you, especially given the circumstances, I see no reason to advise someone to do something different. Whatever "discomforting" effect you experienced, I doubt it was oh so impacting that it warranted a pseudo-admonishment. In the future, I advise that you weigh the discomfort of reading something against the discomfort of experiencing something, and reflect upon it for a moment before commenting.

Cambridge UK

@NOM STAR : you don't know where my discomfort comes from, dude.

A gray world of dread

Been there. My advice is that no advice will help unless you really want to change yourself. Get a plan. Starting with getting the body in shape as PlainFlavored suggested is a good first step. If possible, find a friend who constantly reminds you about the crap you hate about yourself until it gets so annoying that you feel compelled to fix it. This can also be done by a shrink. Good luck!

The Bronx

heart

Chicago, IL USA
George wrote:

I personnally don't feel comfortable reading such private things

This would suggest, it comes from what you read on the post.

Milwaukee, WI

Hey, I've been diagnosed with OCD and depression for a few years, but I'm currently living happily.  I'd hope that this community can be entirely supportive.  Remember, you've got a websites worth of friends here.

PlainFlavored wrote:

Also, from personal experience, you'd be really surprised at how much your life can change if you simply start eating regularly and correctly, going to bed before midnight and waking up before noon, drinking water, and getting a little exercise every day.

QFT

rochester, ny
PlainFlavored wrote:

Also, from personal experience, you'd be really surprised at how much your life can change if you simply start eating regularly and correctly, going to bed before midnight and waking up before noon, drinking water, and getting a little exercise every day. Meditating helps a lot, as well as reading and writing and drawing, not just music.

this.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Okay

I suggest prayer.

Tokyo, Japan
Feryl wrote:

I suggest prayer.

Were I in a better mood I wood give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were a subtle comic genius.

Feryl wrote:

I suggest prayer.

Sacramento, CA

Original post removed by CM.org staff