Recently I picked one of these beauties up for six bucks USD. It's great, and I'm just one picture short from filling up all its memory slots!

I'd really like to save these pictures, but I don't have a Game Boy Printer . . .

I've found methods to emulate the Printer and print them directly to the PC, but I don't know how to interpret the instructions needed to build a transfer cable--I've never done any circuit-bending or anything before.

Would somebody help me out?

Riverside, CA

The way I do it:
-Transfer sav from camera to Mega Memory Card
-Transfer sav from Mega Memory Card to USB EMS cart.
-Transfer sav from USB EMS cart to pc.
-Use GB Camera pic dumper tool to extract pics from the sav

Buffalo, NY

My method's a little different from Silph Scope, but similar idea:

-Load GB Camera ROM (acquired legally) onto flash cart
-Put flash cart in one Game Boy and camera with pictures into another
-Transfer pictures from Camera to flash cart
-Upload .sav to your computer and us GB Camera pic dumper

rochester, ny
TechFalcon wrote:

woah! i had no idea you could do that. thanks!

San Francisco
The Silph Scope wrote:

The way I do it:
-Transfer sav from camera to Mega Memory Card
-Transfer sav from Mega Memory Card to USB EMS cart.
-Transfer sav from USB EMS cart to pc.
-Use GB Camera pic dumper tool to extract pics from the sav

you sir just saved me alot of time. i need to do this with my lsdj files. i wasnt sure if it was possible with those usb ems carts to mega memory but.... yes. now i can finally back up all my old lsdj

Buffalo, NY
nickmaynard wrote:
TechFalcon wrote:

No problem.  It works great, but sometimes if you try to preview the images on the flash cart using the Game Boy they'll be all garbled up.  They transfer fine, so I'm assuming there's some hardware in the real camera made for previewing the pictures(?).

rochester, ny
TechFalcon wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

No problem.  It works great, but sometimes if you try to preview the images on the flash cart using the Game Boy they'll be all garbled up.  They transfer fine, so I'm assuming there's some hardware in the real camera made for previewing the pictures(?).

what kind of flash cart do you use? i'm having trouble getting the gameboy camera rom to work on my 64 ems cart.

Buffalo, NY
nickmaynard wrote:
TechFalcon wrote:

what kind of flash cart do you use? i'm having trouble getting the gameboy camera rom to work on my 64 ems cart.

I use one of the Bleepbloop USB carts.  I know that the emulators I've tried using with the GB Camera ROM won't work, not sure if the problem's related though.  I've never used the EMS carts so I really couldn't say.

Last edited by TechFalcon (Oct 19, 2010 1:33 am)

Riverside, CA

I've gotten the GB camera ROM to work in KiGB.

But I remember some guy was editing the ROM to work on a flash cart (for Trippy H!)
did he ever finish?

MA

Whut up folks... Long time no see. Anyway, I never thought of this method. I've tried to wrap my mind around putting some GB pics er Trippy-H stuff on a pc for some time now... I really dig this method, and when I dig my GB camera outta storage one of these days I wanna give it a whirl.

See you all on the flip...

rochester, ny
TechFalcon wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

I use one of the Bleepbloop USB carts.  I know that the emulators I've tried using with the GB Camera ROM won't work, not sure if the problem's related though.  I've never used the EMS carts so I really couldn't say.

my rom works fine on my computer but doesn't work on the cart, lame.

Brooklyn, NY

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

Have been attempting this method:

TechFalcon wrote:

As mentioned previously, the pictures are garbled when viewed on the flashcart  -- the entire frame is filled with vertical lines.

I dump the sav and load in KiGB and the emu crashes. I know that it's crashing because of the sav file because it loads the ROM fine when the sav isnt present in the root.

Are there special settings necessary for reading these gbc sav's? VBA doesn't work either. Using a v2 (dual-LED) bleepbloop cart.

California

I have personally used the Mega Memory Card method with good results.

clovis CA

good to see you again rei wink

Ecuador
Zen Albatross wrote:

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

Have been attempting this method:

TechFalcon wrote:

As mentioned previously, the pictures are garbled when viewed on the flashcart  -- the entire frame is filled with vertical lines.

I dump the sav and load in KiGB and the emu crashes. I know that it's crashing because of the sav file because it loads the ROM fine when the sav isnt present in the root.

Are there special settings necessary for reading these gbc sav's? VBA doesn't work either. Using a v2 (dual-LED) bleepbloop cart.

I use the gb camera dump on pc http://www.mediafire.com/?rgtduyq3due , but you can also use this http://gieskes.nl/gameboy-camera/sav-converter/, a sav converter.

slo

Has anyone successfuly used the gb camera rom on an ems cartridge?