Unsubscribe

You can hear an example of this here:

http://toilville.com/demos/05-wavechannel%20fuckup.mp3

So I got this new DMG, and when using a non USB bbloop cart the sample channel distorts when more than one channel is playing. The older EMS cart does not seem to have the problem, and the cart works fine on my other dmg carts.

Has anyone run into this issue? Im running LSDJ 4.0.4.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

yikes sounds like the audio capacitors are getting old.

but if the issue is nonexistent with another cart, i'm lost.

Last edited by Analog (Oct 18, 2010 3:50 pm)

killadelphia

what color DMG is it?   i've heard of those rare gameboys where the wav channel is just messed up...   wow, this is strange.

Last edited by animalstyle (Oct 18, 2010 3:55 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

Peter, what does it sound like if you use wave instrument rather than kit, and choose the "manual" wave mode? (Ie, no frame advance.)

Unsubscribe
animalstyle wrote:

what color DMG is it?   i've heard of those rare gameboys where the wav channel is just messed up...   wow, this is strange.

Its a grey.

nitro2k01 wrote:

Peter, what does it sound like if you use wave instrument rather than kit, and choose the "manual" wave mode? (Ie, no frame advance.)

Ill have to give it a try later as I do not have it hear with me at work,, but regular wav synths do not sound any different.

Los Angeles

Nothing to do with capacitor. Have you tried the obvious and switch out the batteries?

Unsubscribe
trash80 wrote:

Nothing to do with capacitor. Have you tried the obvious and switch out the batteries?

Yea that was my first theory. Tried fresh rechargeable and energizers, no change!

I experience this when I use a volume level below 3 with my samples.

killadelphia

i have heard that some grey gameboys just have crap wav channels - nothing you can do i think.  some crazy person will come along and figure it out one day.  i bet nitro knows.

Sweeeeeeden

Peter, could you please take off the battery cover and look into the hole and tell me which revision of the mainboard you have? (DMG-CPU-xx)

Unsubscribe
nitro2k01 wrote:

The problem does not occur with manual wav.

Peter, could you please take off the battery cover and look into the hole and tell me which revision of the mainboard you have? (DMG-CPU-xx)

DMG-CPU-02

Geneva, NY

(insert Polish engineering joke here)

Adelaide, Australia

Oh wow, a CPU-02! Nice! big_smile

Unsubscribe
freezedream wrote:

Oh wow, a CPU-02! Nice! big_smile

Is that rare?

Sweeeeeeden

Peter (Man, I love calling you by name) I know someone who might be interested in that Gameboy for science. And yes, -01 and -02 are known to have certain sound problems. Not sure if what you're hearing is supposed to happen though.

Unsubscribe

cool.. find me n hexawe.,. imnot 100% sure about it being 02, as my eyesight isnt that great...