WOW MAN!
SAMWAVE wrote:
neilbaldwin wrote:

Someone has won the prize. I'm not saying who though.

I feel a bit dirty now.

Be a devil.

Nah, I don't think it's really fair. I'm sure he's a nice chap and it's not really my style to be openly criticising anyone. I'm a live-and-let-live kinda guy.

(He really fucking winds me up though, irrationally so.... big_smile)

Bit like how a friend of mine refers to celery as "the devil's vegetable" whereas I quite like it. Different strokes and all that...

Last edited by neilbaldwin (Oct 19, 2010 7:24 pm)

East Kilbride, Scotland

According to Catholics everywhere, Stephen Hawking is the devil's vegetable.

WOW MAN!
Sycamore Drive wrote:

Ha ha, classic big_smile

Massachusetts, USA

BR1GHT PR1MATE: You make awesome music, and I like that you are from Boston.

AdamGetsAwesome: Your music is very awesome, and thanks for signing my gameboy.

Little-scale: You are awesomely prolific, I like what you do with Sega Master Systems, and I especially like "Red, Yellow, and Orange".

Kitsch, Nonfinite, and Capcomposer: Thanks for selling me some cool stuff, and being awesome about it.

Everyone from Australia who made all the hilarious "shooped" images:  Thanks for making those, they were very funny.

Everyone else:  I like reading most of what you have to say, and thanks for saying it.  I mean typing it.  And everyone who makes music, keep up the good work.  Unless it's not good.  In that case, I like your effort!

Abandoned on Fire

@Sycamore Drive -- You have great taste in music (which means I've noticed you very often like the same things I do) tongue

East Kilbride, Scotland
egr wrote:

@Sycamore Drive -- You have great taste in music (which means I've noticed you very often like the same things I do) tongue

I share that view! I imagine that we would be gig buddies if we lived in the same town. It might please you to know that I'm in the process of writing a punk zine and the first issue will have an article on awesome UK bands.

United Kingdom
Sycamore Drive wrote:

That made me chuckle tongue

Abandoned on Fire
Sycamore Drive wrote:
egr wrote:

I share that view! I imagine that we would be gig buddies if we lived in the same town. It might please you to know that I'm in the process of writing a punk zine and the first issue will have an article on awesome UK bands.

Sweet, I'll keep an eye out for it!

uhajdafdfdfa

anyone who wrote a piece of software for making chip music with heart i think a massive part of the "identity" of the "scene" (difficulty wording that) comes from the This spam will soon be deleted tools, the not using FL studio, the micromusic "fuck pro-tools" sentiment (not that i have anything at all against people who do).

also all the people who run websites, labels, shows, etc... people putting a lot of effort into helping other people enjoy it

there are a couple of people who make me mad but i'm sure i make more than a couple of people mad myself... and they're probably lovely offline

Godzilladelph
animalstyle wrote:
SKGB wrote:

crystal castles is by far the most talented, creative band, unique group in the scene right now

big_smile

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT.

SKG-B-TROLLIN?

hehehehe

Joey, you basically introduced me to the chipscene
your music and pixel beasts are OK too i guess

Jay Tholen, i'm downloading your musics now so i can take a listen, that pixel art for Fruiht Tageur is really sweet

Last edited by SKGB (Oct 19, 2010 8:39 pm)

Godzilladelph

just kidding your pixel arts/dmg/genesis/keyboard/guitar shredding skillz are fucking radical man smile

Last edited by SKGB (Oct 19, 2010 8:39 pm)

Washington DC

So when do we start boning eachother? I'd hate to see all this baby oil I just bought go to waste.

NJ

i'm going to go back to 2006 and re-compose "hate ebrythin"

Godzilladelph
Dauragon wrote:

So when do we start boning eachother? I'd hate to see all this baby oil I just bought go to waste.

i'd be down for a rape orgy right about now

cause u only hurt the ones u luuuuuuuuuv

))<>((
SKGB wrote:
Dauragon wrote:

i'd be down for a rape orgy right about now

cause u only hurt the ones u luuuuuuuuuv

I'll take you to the rape castle.

Last edited by tacticalbread (Oct 20, 2010 3:37 am)

Cambridge UK
Bit Shifter wrote:

I'm doubtful that there have been too many threads closed as a result of people in some way not getting "on-board" with some kind of majority opinion. And I think it takes some pretty specific and particular behavior to be thought of as a troll.

It reminds me of girls who think that they can't fit in their jeans because "they shrunk in the dryer". chipmusic.org needs to take a good look in the mirror, step on a scale, and realise that if people are staring at its ass, it's not because it's bootylicious, but it's just plain fat. And don't even get me started on those thunder thighs, girl!

OK, plainly and simply. any time someone points out something wrong about this place, everyone, especially the mods go all "nuh huh, nothing is wrong, troll!", instead of trying to question if there is something wrongly elitist going on, and what could be done about it.

In the last few weeks, I've asked mods 2 times how close I was to getting banned. Because, overall, it feels that if you post things like that, you're about to get the hammer.

I sometimes wonder why I haven't been banned yet. I have to admit it's, I think, because I have friends here, and I help with shows. I think if someone that was in another position came here and posted the exact same thing, people would get on their back instantly, and they'd probably end up being banned.