Michigan

Hey dudes,

We got invited to play it this year. Who's gone in the past? Is it worth the drive from MI? Does anyone want to split a room?

I've watched some video and it looks huge, and fun. Plus the hotel reminded me of Nakatomi Plaza, which is a plus.

We might also be looking to play some east coast dates the following week while we're there, so if anyones up for it let me know! Thanks!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

i was invited to go one  year.. .2008 i think? but i got too busy w/ pulsewave.. it's in january right?
maybe i  can try to make it out this year... guess i should start planning now. haha
If i get a new car i can def. try to make a tour out of it at least.

TSSBAY01

my band has played at magfest every year since like 2003 or something but wasnt invited this year. that wont stop tss from not playing of course, if we have to take over the jamspace so be it.

Washington DC

It's weird. Usually theres a lot of rustle and bustle surrounding a chip show or something like that, but I haven't heard SHIT, and I participated in both mags 7 and 8. No biggie though. Thats what the jamspace is for. Gonna bumrush that shit.  Chiptune nigs ain't nuttin ta fuck wit.

Michigan
Dauragon wrote:

It's weird. Usually theres a lot of rustle and bustle surrounding a chip show or something like that, but I haven't heard SHIT, and I participated in both mags 7 and 8. No biggie though. Thats what the jamspace is for. Gonna bumrush that shit.  Chiptune nigs ain't nuttin ta fuck wit.

hahah, yeah i was kinda under that impression. i figured alot of the people were there to see all those vgm metal cover bands, but apparently, we're supposed to play on the main stage saturday night, so maybe theyre trying to expose the masses to some more chiptune?

i dunno, either way i figured it would be worth a shot, plus with any luck i'd get to meet some of you there.

Ottawa, ON
noisewaves wrote:

Hey dudes,

We got invited to play it this year.

holy fuck yes!

tempsoundsolutions wrote:

that wont stop tss from not playing of course, if we have to take over the jamspace so be it.

holy fuck yes!!!

TSSBAY01
noisewaves wrote:

hahah, yeah i was kinda under that impression. i figured alot of the people were there to see all those vgm metal cover bands, but apparently, we're supposed to play on the main stage saturday night, so maybe theyre trying to expose the masses to some more chiptune?

i dunno, either way i figured it would be worth a shot, plus with any luck i'd get to meet some of you there.

they have chiptune stuff in the main room after the concerts.

GNV / FL / USA

Philly will be up in thurrrrrr

Washington DC

Yeeahh boyeeeee!!!!!!

I can't wait. Gonna be so much fun.

Philly, PA, USA
NO CARRIER wrote:

imma try to be there, what's the dates again? i don't think there's any reason i shouldn't be.

Philly/NY
NO CARRIER wrote:

Def. Letz git fucked up yallzzz

PS: see, I ain't playin' http://twitter.com/#!/ZenAlbatross/status/7289264494

Last edited by enso (Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am)

Washington DC

Gotta love that boxed wine gurlll.

I'll be there...that's BS that TSS wasn't invited

TSSBAY01

i dont care if they invite us or not, they wont stop us from performing unless they personally uninvite us.

i guess they must want to give bands who arent as good or established as us the rub or something. its too bad because we've had a rocky year and the performance would mean a lot to us, but personally i dont really dig playing in that room because there is a lot of dead spots in it. the room is too wide and even with a full pa you dont really get good projection because of all those pillars in the room. im sure people will still come see us play in the jamspace.

to me the concert room is a real acoustic nightmare, perhaps my least favorite room ive ever played in..its just kind of a shame to me that we're not playing there because theres been some magical tss performances in it. i would much rather play a low key set in the jamspace then to play in that room any day of the week. the jamspace room is more like the room we played in at katsucon, which was the best and i think the best set we've played.

Michigan

whats everyone doing about hotels and stuff? anyone looking to split a room or know of a couch we could crash on for the weekend?

GNV / FL / USA
noisewaves wrote:

whats everyone doing about hotels and stuff? anyone looking to split a room or know of a couch we could crash on for the weekend?

MAGFest is inside a hotel, dude.