Vancouver

http://kurtvonnegutfoundation.tumblr.com/

going for a super minimal style, a la superbrothers

astral cat

followed :3

seems everyone is going for that superbrothers look, eh? ;D

awesome work, but for some reason, I think your old style was nicer.

my favorite:

Last edited by someonesomewhere (Dec 4, 2010 1:02 pm)

Nice keep it up!

Vancouver

Yeah I liked the whole somewhat cubic stuff I used to do but that was just way too time consuming and didn't really work well with all my schoolwork, so I've been forced to just keep it simple haha

I saw your game art, defs a bit superbrothers inspired, but a cool style nonetheless

i'd love to work with you on some project in the future!

Vancouver

Sounds sick man just contact me when you feel like it

I have an animator friend who can help us out in that department too

oh, i was meaning to ask you, what does "Arun" mean

sorry i don't know how to do the fancy shmancy U

Last edited by someonesomewhere (Dec 5, 2010 11:04 pm)

Vancouver

It's my "real" first name, I add the umlaut to make it more exotic...it's pronounced sort of like "Aroon", but the anglicized version of the name is "Aaron". I still write at as Arun with the umlaut on the "u" simply for aesthetic purposes (See "metal umlaut" on Wikipedia). Even my parents call me Aaron HAHA

Vancouver, BC

@Arun- I like your art, and I dig the touch of humour!

So you live in Vancouver too?

I have sent you a private message about a project I'm working on...

cheers,
Graeme

Massachusetts, USA

The website seems like it might be down right now, but that one picture that someonesomewhere is pretty neat, I like your color choices.  Also, I am reading Deadeye Dick right now.  Well, not while typing, but I read some earlier and will read more later.

Sydney

Love it

Vancouver
sammulligan wrote:

The website seems like it might be down right now, but that one picture that someonesomewhere is pretty neat, I like your color choices.  Also, I am reading Deadeye Dick right now.  Well, not while typing, but I read some earlier and will read more later.

Awesome, glad to hear people know who Vonnegut is...I die a little when people don't recognize his name and still claim to be into literature. My favourite title of his is probably Cat's Cradle.

And yeah, Tumblr sucks in general, it's down 70% of the time. Be sure to give the site a look, I have a lot of art I like more than the image that someonesomewhere linked to that I like.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Please atleast try to be original...
EmThree: you don't need that smile

Vancouver
Sander von Focus wrote:

Please atleast try to be original...
EmThree: you don't need that smile

What? I don't quite understand you haha

Massachusetts, USA

Site was back up and I checked it out, cool stuff!  I like the boomboxes and megaman.  Cat's Cradle rules.