UK

For me it was taking a break from the chipscene and chilling.

Sydney AUS
RG wrote:

Finishing that blasted Datarunner 7". I still get headaches.

Fuck am I glad you did! One of my favourite releases of 2010 for sure.

London

Theres was many!! But Edinburgh at the Forest Cafe for UltraChip action really stands out!!

Was nice to pull off another decent event in London, but putting nights is stressy and not so much fun.

edit: I could list every event I played to be honest, its always great fun, and such nice people involved.

Last edited by gwEm (Jan 6, 2011 10:24 pm)

Last edited by IAYD (Feb 21, 2017 2:43 am)

San Francisco

looking at hentai with l-tron.
eating burgers at burger king.... with tristendo.
drunk irc.

.... getting laid cuz of a chip show i played. Fucking win.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

escaping the madness that is chip, allowing me to give all of my attention to a girl.
Then got dumped, only to realize 8-bit was always there for me unlike her.

I miss my l-tron and uda though.. somewhere in the mix of things of 2010 i've lost touch with my
two best friends.

lolusa
wedanced wrote:

.... getting laid cuz of a chip show i played. Fucking win.

beat my year

Geneva, NY
gwEm wrote:

Theres was many!! But Edinburgh at the Forest Cafe for UltraChip action really stands out!!

Was nice to pull off another decent event in London, but putting nights is stressy and not so much fun.

edit: I could list every event I played to be honest, its always great fun, and such nice people involved.

Oh yeah, I had a teenage-girl starstruck moment when NOCARRIER insisted that he introduce me to gwem at the July Pulsewave.

I made my first all chip album since 2008, and then no one listened to it, just like the days of old. Shit was legitimately baller.

But, for serious, I was pretty disconnected, but I got to see Facundo, Ovenrake, and Rainbow Dragon Eyes tear shit up in my very own state! Facundo shirt, yeah!

Last edited by Andrew Winzenburg (Jan 7, 2011 3:39 pm)

Unsubscribe

mine was having every single moment I felt like quitting things being presented with something so awesome or a person so cool I couldn't possibly feel bad anymore.. you guys!

San Antonio, Texas

Datapop 3.0: 2 days of great performances. Shame I didn't get to hang more but it was worth all the confusion. Big ups to Seanbad and IAYD, you guys rule.
The various streams of chip shows on the web.
getting into piggy tracker
doing business with the mist toggles <--awesome dude
Reformat The Planet finally being released on DVD

Release wise, it was Jellica's and AMU's 8bp releases. Everything RG put out this year. Ovenrake's releases. AGM's EP, L-Tron's album, JDDJ3J/CIAM  and Kris Keyser cheese'n'beer releases. And everything on Handheld Heroes

Then again, this is all a bit mushy, no?

EDIT: Forgot to mention Reteris.

Last edited by Star Fighter Dreams (Jan 10, 2011 2:09 am)

))<>((

for $1500, I'll tell you my favourite moments of 2010.

Wellington, New Zealand

Figuring out how to use milkytracker and releasing an ep with songs made with it.
Watching this live stream of a show I can't remember, but it was an audio stream from aus somewhere.
The meme thread with bit shifty and nullslorp.

Turku, FIN
Apricorn wrote:

Figuring out how to use milkytracker and releasing an ep with songs made with it.
Watching this live stream of a show I can't remember, but it was an audio stream from aus somewhere.
The meme thread with bit shifty and nullslorp.

Watching audiostream is kinda boring, surely you watched something more interesting in 2010, no?

wink

Godzilladelph

so late on this smh. i'd have to say getting to see Henry Homesweet and Sabrepulse live for the first time was really rad. And then 'accidentally' seeing Sabrepulse live like 4 more times. playing another set at 8static was fun, philamoca was ballin too (i'm totally bragging to my friends now that i played a show for diplo lol).
halloween night at pulsewave was surreal. fuckin... almost lost my life to a stage dive, only to wind up in brooklyn drinking vodka and 'sledding' with a mental patient in a wheelchair. also learned that night i can't play super meat boy to save my life when i'm high tongue

Brazil

Oh yeah, hanging out with NOCARRIER in São Paulo was fun as hell. Going out to a weird vinyl shop to searc for cheap records of bossa nova was great.
Also the drinking and eating pizza without paying (people paying food for you because you play music or do eletronic stuff is always good)