Berkeley, CA

A small band of galactic travelers are bound together by mysterious circumstances. Meanwhile, in the darkest reaches of the universe, an unparalleled force dwells on ambiguous intentions.

01 Prologue (01:48)
02 Jump Error (04:00)
03 Club Wolf (04:58)
04 Adrift (0:53)
05 The New Formation (04:23)
06 Beta's Brilliancy (03:44)
07 Ensis (06:38)
08 Day of Reflection (01:31)
09 Wagering Lights (04:36) . co-written by Derris-Kharlan
10 Counter of the Cumulus (04:34)
11 Submerciful (06:49)
12 Constellations (01:08)

Click Here to Download / Buy CD

I'm listening now. It's awesome, excellent job, man.

Last edited by zebra (Jan 1, 2011 6:13 am)

Berkeley, CA

thanks!

Riverside, CA

||=|| //\\ |P |P Y - //\\//\\ ||_|| T ||=|| //\\ |F ||_|| |K || ||\|| - ||\|| |E \\//\\// - Y |E //\\ R - |B || T C ||=|| E $ !!!

What a way to start it off. Been waiting for this one for a long time.

Thank you Disasterpeace!

heart

Last edited by Koatl (Jan 1, 2011 10:45 am)

Columbus, OH

Great way to start the year man! Great job, this is killer.

astral cat

i bet this is great, obsidian is the best. smile

i'll download and listen when i'm not on iphone tethering!

Florida

Buy this, jerks.

Berkeley, CA
an-cat-max wrote:

i bet this is great, obsidian is the best. smile

i'll download and listen when i'm not on iphone tethering!

Teehee. I think I'll call the next album "The Tactility of the Redstone Miners"

Melbourne, Australia

Really enjoyed the album. Excellent work!  Another instant classic.

I couldn't help but notice that "Wagering Lights" was credited as Disaterpeace only in the ID3 tags. There is no mention of the fact it was co-written with Derris-Kharlan.

I realise that the artist is credited on the bandcamp page ,even though it's buried at the very bottom of the page. When I mentioned this to a friend (who is also a Disasterpeace fan) he said "Oh yeah, like NEUTRALITE. That was co-produced and had a few tracks that were co-written".

My reaction : o_0

I had no idea this was the case and it kind of goes to prove my point. NEUTRALITE is one of my favourite albums and I had no idea that I should have been throwing some praise Spamtron's way. It is not at all obvious that he had worked on it.

If this was an oversight then fair enough, but I think it's one that should be corrected.

I guess what I'm saying is, can we please give credit where credit is due and put that credit on front street rather than down the bottom of the bandcamp page?

East Kilbride, Scotland
celsius wrote:

I had no idea this was the case and it kind of goes to prove my point. NEUTRALITE is one of my favourite albums and I had no idea that I should have been throwing some praise Spamtron's way. It is not at all obvious that he had worked on it.

You do know that it says DISASTERTRON on the artwork though, right?
...and on his website discography section in the track listing it says:

07    Treasury of the Children
co-written by Spamtron.
08    Gobber Groove
co-written by Spamtron.

NJ
celsius wrote:

I guess what I'm saying is, can we please give credit where credit is due and put that credit on front street rather than down the bottom of the bandcamp page?

as far as i am aware, you have no control over your ID3 tags on bandcamp specifically.  there are loopholes where you can add [featuring artist] under the track's artist name, but then it fucks up on itunes/ipods when you are looking to hear a full album, it'll split it into multiple albums and you won't get to listen to all the tracks back to back, as you'd have to then go into another album to listen to the one specific track.

they allow you to put notes/credits on the track, so that when you click on the specific song on bandcamp, it open up the song page and you view all the specs/details of the individual track.

you don't really have any sort of option to "put credit on front street" it's always going to end up in public alley 42.

Berkeley, CA

Yea, unfortunately, I don't have control over the credits in the ID3 tags on Bandcamp.

I did the best I could and listed Derris-Kharlan as a co-credit on the bandcamp page, and wherever else the album is (Pause).

I always do the same thing (like with NEUTRALITE). I would never purposefully not credit someone who I collaborated on something with.

Brooklyn NY US

I feel like Bandcamp could be poised to do great things for online music distribution / sales / etc., if they could just get their approach to metadata sorted out. It's surprisingly clunky. But c'mon, even that aside — Disasterpeace is (obviously!) an upstanding musician and a consummate professional — give the guy a break!

East Kilbride, Scotland
Disasterpeace wrote:

Yea, unfortunately, I don't have control over the credits in the ID3 tags on Bandcamp.

I did the best I could and listed Derris-Kharlan as a co-credit on the bandcamp page, and wherever else the album is (Pause).

I always do the same thing (like with NEUTRALITE). I would never purposefully not credit someone who I collaborated on something with.

The only real workaround at the moment would be to add the (ft. Spamtron) to the song titles.

EDIT: or, if you go to the NEUTRALITE release, click edit, and scroll down, you should see a bit under where you name the price for your release that you can change the artist name for individual releases. The box says:

artist: leave blank to use band name

so you could still change NEUTRALITE to a Disastertron release.

Last edited by Sycamore Drive (Jan 2, 2011 7:54 pm)

This is almost "I QUIT" good.

Melbourne, Australia
Disasterpeace wrote:

I'm really glad there was a good reason. Also, WTF?! That is just insane that you have no control over this sort of stuff on bandcamp. It's so basic. Essepecially now they have shifted their business model to a payed service, you'd think they could sort that out.

As in my original post, just disregard my gripe.

Oh and I'm so glad Submerciful made it onto an official release. It's far and away one of my favourite songs you've written. Oh and Ensis! Oh and...

THE WHOLE FUCKING ALBUM!!! tongue