Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I was wondering if anyone here had any idea how large the largest of the worldwide chip shows are?  I'm working on some branding stuff for next year's Chip Music Mega Show but I don't want to falsely advertise it as the largest show if it's not (or if it's not at least close, heh).

Slovakia / European Union

Loveparade like action ? Haha Chipparade Berlin smile sounds cool to me...

Last edited by Tinctu (Jan 20, 2011 11:55 pm)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Well, last year we had 1000+ people in the audience and went for about 5 1/2 hours straight.  Next year's show will be longer (as close to the full "sundown to sunrise" timeframe as we an get) and hopefully have an even larger attendance.

Nomad's Land

well the largest one in terms of the number of artists playing was probably LOAD ELECTROFEST 2009 in rome with 17 chip artists performing. it went on for over 9 hours. also the berlin micromusic get-together 2010 was pretty huge, with 14 acts performing. the micromusic get-together in wuppertal this year will be of similar dimensions.

Planet Zaxxon

Just don't advertise it as the "largest chip show"... It seems like you are trying to create competition or comparison to all other "chip shows." We should all be one loving family, and just be happy to even have shows where people actually show up.

Keep it positive, and all your dreams will come true.

BK

^this.

Probably better define MEGA as a numerical value, incase people aren't sure.

Melbtown, Lolstralia

I personally don't think advertising something as the world's largest something will do it any favours.... If it is the world's biggest then it is and you celebrate it after the fact.. But if someone else thinks it isn't the worlds biggest etc etc you cause a whole lot of unnecessary hate in your direction through your claim..

So I say focus the branding on the quality of performers / sound system / visuals whatever and if you have to say something to point home how large it is say "one of the world's biggest" and save anyone getting butthurt

hardcore, Australia

I'd think worlds largest chip show was a show dedicated to an exceptional deep fried potato wedge.

Bronx, NY

It was Chip-Con 2010, back in May.

you definitely can safely say it's Toronto's largest, if in fact you feel it's necessary to advertise the event as such

Also, isn't very sneaky of you to make that claim when the vast majority of the audience are just passer by's, since it's an outdoor event organized by the city? It's not like it's a chip show, it's Toronto "Nuit Blanche", right?

Last edited by Battle Lava (Jan 21, 2011 2:25 am)

Westfield, NJ

Have room for more performers?

IL, US
DaPantz wrote:

It was Chip-Con 2010, back in May.

lol

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

At a guess, I'd say Blip NYC was 1000+ each night for three nights in' 09. 20+ artists total at a guess.

Boulder, CO
10k wrote:

At a guess, I'd say Blip NYC was 1000+ each night for three nights in' 09. 20+ artists total at a guess.

Bell House capacity is somewhere around 650 or 700.

But yea labeling something as the largest chip show seems like you're trying to win a competition that nobody is competing in. Just have fun with it and put on a good show.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:
10k wrote:

Bell House capacity is somewhere around 650 or 700.

But yea labeling something as the largest chip show seems like you're trying to win a competition that nobody is competing in. Just have fun with it and put on a good show.

Burn.

Still 20+ artists and three days.