Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Natty wrote:

I think it would be nice if each line up was different considering how many musicians are in town for such a limited time. Because I guarantee there are more than enough people coming to fill up every bill. But I've been given the distinct impression in the past that this is an unpopular sentiment. Nobody really seems to understand why I think this is a good idea.

Provided they dont fill up to an over stacked bill w/ not enough time for everyone to pay and those playing run longer than their given time limit. wink I'm all for lots of people playing.. provided people know what their time limit is, follow that and keep things moving smoothly. And who ever is putting on the event... should be willing to cut the PA should someone feel like taking more time than given.

FlashHeart

Couldn't agree with you more, brother! Preach on!

Westfield, NJ
Natty wrote:

I think it would be nice if each line up was different considering how many musicians are in town for such a limited time. Because I guarantee there are more than enough people coming to fill up every bill. But I've been given the distinct impression in the past that this is an unpopular sentiment. Nobody really seems to understand why I think this is a good idea.

Nobody in this scene wants to hear fringe music.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
low-gain wrote:
Natty wrote:

Provided they dont fill up to an over stacked bill w/ not enough time for everyone to pay and those playing run longer than their given time limit. wink I'm all for lots of people playing.. provided people know what their time limit is, follow that and keep things moving smoothly. And who ever is putting on the event... should be willing to cut the PA should someone feel like taking more time than given.

Seems like an awfully specific reference to a very particular event. Haha.

FlashHeart

He's talking about the time Nullsleep filibustered everybody in the Intergalactic Chip Music Senate by producing a simultaneous Wave/Noise Channel dissonance that lasted several days after which several planets had to be re-aligned.

Also, The Incredible Master E was there, too.

FlashHeart

Unless he's talking about some other event I don't remember.

Melbourne, Australia

lets all listen to chipmusic be happy

Melbourne, Australia

yeah

FlashHeart

FlashHeart

Sometimes the hurt is just too much to bear.

low-gain wrote:
Natty wrote:

Yes and Yess!

IL, US
Decktonic wrote:
Natty wrote:

Nobody in this scene wants to hear fringe music.

i dont know...sil req played blip 09, and i played the post-blip matinee that year...shit happens during blip week thats not exactly standard fare..give the promoters a little credit, ok? smile

Unsubscribe

ALL chipmusic is fringe music.

New York City
low-gain wrote:

And who ever is putting on the event... should be willing to cut the PA should someone feel like taking more time than given.

Promoters must inform their artists of the time of their set's ending well in advance and remind them while the artist is playing, close to the set's end time. That's how it is dealt with. Cutting the sound is disrespectful.

Leave the people organizing to their jobs, they know what they are doing.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Feb 4, 2011 1:44 pm)

lolusa
Natty wrote:

Could not understand why that would ruffle someone's feathers. Seeing the same performer more than once in a span of a couple days is less attractive than it may seem. UNLESS it's the Ungrateful Dead.

Bronx, NY

*insert passive aggressive commentary on things that happened in 2009 here*

(<3 you, calm down, it's all love)