Savannah, Georgia

i came buckets when i saw that black DMG holy shit want

Last edited by Aeros (Apr 14, 2012 11:54 pm)

Wow.. These look really really nice!

BOSTON

i just wanted to drop in and say that the 3 boys i just had serviced by ape are THE BEST work i've had done, and I've had 10+ modded DMGs from pretty much every 'professional' mod service out there.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 16, 2019 6:28 pm)

clovis CA

diggin that teal guy wink

Louisiana

Yep, I'm totally buying a few of these in a few weeks. I need two whites and a black for sure. I'm kinda interested in some of these other colors two. Probably a yellow for a gameboy I'm working on. Not entirely sure what I'll be buying but I'm buying 3 atleast.

Germany/Florida

those 8 news ones look beautiful!

Teksis y'all

I don't supposed you'd disclose what you used to paint them?

Teksis y'all
Apeshit wrote:

Krylon "X Metals" paint

WHAT. I bought X Metals in purple and sprayed it on a few clear CD cases to test it and didn't get ANYWHERE near that result. Did you spray X Metals alone? And did you paint it on the inside or outside?

Gosford, Australia

You gotta spray them with a primer first. Couple of coats, too.

Last edited by Victory Road (Apr 25, 2012 4:48 am)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I am in love with that linkboy. . .

Gosford, Australia
Apeshit wrote:

No, for this effect you definitely want to stay away from primers, especially since primer isn't typically clear.

I stand corrected; I haven't sprayed clear stuff before and was just going off of what I remember from reading Thretris' posts on 8bc many moons ago - thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by Victory Road (Apr 25, 2012 6:21 am)

Teksis y'all

So if no primer, would I just spray it on by itself? I apologize, I've never had to paint anything.

And like I said, when I tried out the purple X metals, it didn't soak into the plastic like I was hoping, it just acted like a regular spray paint and dried on the surface.