Cambridge UK

Needs more slash fiction.
Needs more "is that a DMG in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Cambridge UK

BLIP 2011 : BROMANCE IN CHELSEA

New York City
Natty wrote:
George wrote:

I found that in Montreal and Paris - with ZERO trains between 1am and 5:30am - people go out more than in NYC.

Finally, someone else who's willing to say it. New York is like a ghost town. Every time I go out there's nobody in the bars or on the streets. It looks like a scene from "I Am Legend." I smashed a car window the other day just to hear the alarm because I was so afraid that I had gone deaf in the overwhelming silence of the city. I've been hanging out with a couple of rats and a pinecone because I can't find anyone to talk to here. And forget about bands. The village voice music pages look like a broad desert of nothing, fit for naught but frustrated and lonely origami. I miss the good old days when you could run into as many as six people in a night. Sometimes I think I'm dreaming and I've truly been abandoned here. Last night I walked from Fort Clinton to the Cloisters and the only person I saw was a statue of Fiorello Laguardia. I talked to him for THREE hours just for the company. The nice thing is that all the liquor stores and supermarkets seem to be stocked so i can have as many canned vegetables and drinks I want (I'm trying to drink all the Kahlua in Manhattan before it goes bad.)

I'd love to move to Montreal or Paris because I've forgotten what it feels like to hug someone or even shake a hand. But I don't know if I'd be able to find a qualified pilot in the deafening emptiness of these fatal concrete valleys.

Unsubscribe

I think if I made another slash right now it would be way to aggro.

Brooklyn, NY, USA

This:

10k wrote:

I can't believe I am weighing in on this one...

I feel like Blip was spawned with some hard work and some lucky breaks, by a few excited dudes who love chipmusic. Timing and location played a massive part in their success and there is no shame in that, it is just a reality.

I could never hope to gather a thousand people in a room here in Sydney to listen to even the world's best chip artists! We should be celebrating the fact that a few dudes can pull this thing off and that we can be there... We should not moaning about what they haven't done for us. They are doing the best job they possibly can. They're curating something. I'd suggest that they're trying to pick artists that span the scene that they believe will bring people to the shows and showcase what chipmusic is about.

I flew up in 09 because I was excited to see the event. I downloaded every release from everyone on that freaking bill. Now, with more hard work (and much better music) I was asked to play. I just wish everyone could be as excited to be there as I am! Don't take this awesome event for granted!

This year is probably the best line-up ever. FUCKING BEASTMODE! AMU! THE GOOCH! CTRIX! and on top of this, the NY lineup that the rest of the world (who fly to this event - we have a crew of bros coming up from Australia alone) have often not witnessed live before.

Sure there are more that deserve to be on the bill... but there are more people who deserve to be played on radio, playing regular shows and getting listened to by heaps of people. Sometimes there is only so much space.

Anyhow, I hope I can come out of this thread unscathed now that I have said something.

Not this:

Natty wrote:
George wrote:

I found that in Montreal and Paris - with ZERO trains between 1am and 5:30am - people go out more than in NYC.

Finally, someone else who's willing to say it. New York is like a ghost town. Every time I go out there's nobody in the bars or on the streets. It looks like a scene from "I Am Legend." I smashed a car window the other day just to hear the alarm because I was so afraid that I had gone deaf in the overwhelming silence of the city. I've been hanging out with a couple of rats and a pinecone because I can't find anyone to talk to here. And forget about bands. The village voice music pages look like a broad desert of nothing, fit for naught but frustrated and lonely origami. I miss the good old days when you could run into as many as six people in a night. Sometimes I think I'm dreaming and I've truly been abandoned here. Last night I walked from Fort Clinton to the Cloisters and the only person I saw was a statue of Fiorello Laguardia. I talked to him for THREE hours just for the company. The nice thing is that all the liquor stores and supermarkets seem to be stocked so i can have as many canned vegetables and drinks I want (I'm trying to drink all the Kahlua in Manhattan before it goes bad.)

I'd love to move to Montreal or Paris because I've forgotten what it feels like to hug someone or even shake a hand. But I don't know if I'd be able to find a qualified pilot in the deafening emptiness of these fatal concrete valleys.

Really. It has honestly not been my night life experience in all the years I've lived in NYC (viz. all my life).

Update: Never mind, I didn't see your sarcasm the first time (That was sarcasm, right?).

Last edited by Iron Curtain (Apr 12, 2011 7:05 pm)

New York

I like to see juliehally. I'd also  like to see some sharp x86000, fasttracker/skale tracker music if that's even possible.