killadelphia

How come there's no dedicated Sega section on this forum?????  come on!  wtf.

Central Pennsyltucky
animalstyle wrote:

How come there's no dedicated Sega section on this forum?????  come on!  wtf.

Yeah and ROMZ.  we need a ROMZZZZZ forum.

Probably because the only things worth talking about are MML and MOD2PSG (is that it?  I can't quite recall).  And one of those things only does half-assed genesis stuff.

Of course there is also Little-Scales interfaces, but they already have dedicated pages and even then, they don't yet exist and that still only gives us a grand total of 4 threads about Sega stuff.  Five threads if we give flashcarts their own thread too.

Central Pennsyltucky
Beware wrote:

Probably because the only things worth talking about are MML and MOD2PSG (is that it?  I can't quite recall).  And one of those things only does half-assed genesis stuff.

Have you heard Animal-Style's stuff??? not half-assed.
Actually, a forum could be a good way to fix that problem. right?

philly

Hey guys tell me where can I find Sonic Spinball for my computer?! wink

Wait, more serious question... Joey do you have a 4.5MM security bit I can borrow?

New York City
vblank wrote:

How?

And what is so wrong about posting it here? "Other Vintage Computers & Consoles" includes SEGA.

I think there's too much separation for nothing. This is fine.
Start posting your Sega discoveries and research instead of moaning smile

Ohio

I'd not only love to see some more Genesis stuff, I'd love it if someone came out with a way to access the Game Gear soundchip(s?).

Something like mGB would be awesome!

New York City

I think Little-Scale is all up on that GG bitch.

Los Angeles

If there is enough posts and activity in here about Sega then we will find it necessary to add a separate forum for it. We are trying to keep things simple here. smile

Beware wrote:

Probably because the only things worth talking about are MML and MOD2PSG (is that it?  I can't quite recall).

you forgot TFM Music Maker

get it here: http://shiru.untergrund.net/software.shtml

vblank wrote:
Beware wrote:

Have you heard Animal-Style's stuff??? not half-assed.

MOD2PSG can't use samples, PSG and FM all at once in an effective manner.  That's all I meant by that.  And I knew I was forgetting about one, TFM!

BOSTON8BIT, MA

So Sega sub-thread then? I've been heavily interested in keeping tabs on Sega progress as accessing the Genesis would be my Nirvana. However, I understand the idea that there are already threads about little-scale's progress that have a lot of history and wouldn't be worth recreating and splitting it up.

I still vote Sega forum, it only fits in with the rest of the Hardware/Software stuff. Then again, I didn't create an awesome chipmusic website and drop it on the masses now did I?

New York, New York

Tiido's PC2MD is a cartridge that interfaces the Genesis by PC. I can't tell at this stage what advantage it would have over Seb's interface, except this food for thought: it has a tracker that runs on the PC and plays with the PSG, PCM and FM channels. So I guess in my less than technically knowledgeable English it's like a LSDj-like PC based DMG tracker running directly on the hardware versus MGB.

BOSTON8BIT, MA

I would want that immediately, how does it interface exactly?

Fake edit: Youtube vid sez joypad input and PC LPT - Mac guys are always left in the dust... ;-) MIDI control for MD would be spectacular, can someone point me to progress on little-scale's interface? I think I was following progress on an outdated thread somewhere.

Adelaide, Australia

Well people are definitely making chipmusic for the Sega Megadrive/Genesis and so a Sega section would be nice imo. smile

freezedream wrote:

Well people are definitely making chipmusic for the Sega Megadrive/Genesis and so a Sega section would be nice imo. smile

While I agree that it may be nice and there are definitely people interested in it, a section on it just ends up going unused.  There just isn't enough out there to discuss that would justify a Sega only section.  Now an FM only section is a whole other story.  That would cover MSX and TG16 as well (among others, of course).

EDIT: Esopus: I demand more info on that!  That sounds sexy!

Last edited by Beware (Jan 17, 2010 8:09 am)