Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
PULSELOOPER wrote:

This is really a shame. When I talked to henry homesweet in rio he was in the same situation - waiting for so long. Such a great piece of hard/software and no one can get this. I wish low-gain and little-scale could start building and selling midi devices for nes. Now that I'm using mssiah on my set, it would be really great to have midines also. Real shame sad

You find me a good book on Assembly language and i will. tongue

East Kilbride, Scotland

Has anyone tried buying one on eBay and paying the difference from the original price?

At the worst if he disagrees you could leave him some negative eBay feedback and get the difference back if you use Paypal.

Milwaukee, WI

I think we should talk to Memblers who runs Nesdev.  He developed the squeedo synth cartridge which x|k modified and wrote code for to develop MIDINES I believe.  Possibly Memblers would be willing to share his board design so we could set out to build our own.  Skrasms is also prototyping  NES MIDI module that is however standalone.  I recall him mentioning that project was in the back burner however.

http://skrasoft.com/blog/

Kevtris is also working on a FPGA MIDI synth which supports MANY sound chip among them the 2a03 and its Famicom expansion buddies!

(cant find the link right now...)

Now get to work people!

Jeez I was thinking about midines for a moment but never heard about someone waiting 2 years for product to be delivered, only to find out that other people who bought it later got theirs delivered. Freaking nightmare. Great product but that guy needs old fashion slap.

Oakland, CA

Just sent Chris another email:

Hello,
I wanted to follow up about another listing of the Midines on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Midines-1-1-1-both- … 500wt_1182

Like I mentioned in my previous email, I was hoping for good news about
you shipping out my cart I ordered on April 11th 2008.

Please let me know!

I was digging through all my email correspondence with Chris,
and realized I have sent 12 email since April 11 2008 and received 2 replies.

Any chance Low-gain or anyone who knows him, could suggest he send me one of the currently listed on ebay?

FERNDALE, MI, USA
lotekindustries wrote:

Any chance Low-gain or anyone who knows him, could suggest he send me one of the currently listed on ebay?

i doubt this will happen, but good luck!

Milwaukee, WI

A bit off topic but I hope x|k starts shipping his output mods again!

IL, US
Theta_Frost wrote:

probably a shorter wait until low-gains NES output mod is available...

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Theta_Frost wrote:

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/nesmod

Milwaukee, WI
e.s.c. wrote:
Theta_Frost wrote:

probably a shorter wait until low-gains NES output mod is available...

Yeah I figured as much.  He did have some cool features planned for it though, maybe it'd help him make money to start shipping MIDINES's again too.

Oakland, CA

I wanted everyone to know that today my MIDInes arrived in the mail!
I met Chris in person and supplied him with every email correspondence we ever had since April11th 2008.
I like to think that the meeting and emailing him every week for the past 3 months, pushed him to ship it to me.

From what I know I was the oldest unfulfilled order.
I have moved 3 times since ordering and I sent address updates to him.
If you havent heard from him its worth it to send him inquiries.

I just sent him a letter thanking him from the bottom of my heart.

Milwaukee, WI

Hurray!  Does that mean he's filled all his back orders?  So cool!  There is light at the end of the tunnel!  smile

Scotland

Hurrah! Great to hear. : )

I was kind of out of the loop ever since the 8bc mods forbode MIDINES discussion on their forums but I finally found another forum... I paid Chris for one of these things back on July 28th, 2008 which will be 2 years ago in 10 days.  How can I track this guy down?

lotekindustries wrote:

I wanted everyone to know that today my MIDInes arrived in the mail!
I met Chris in person and supplied him with every email correspondence we ever had since April11th 2008.
I like to think that the meeting and emailing him every week for the past 3 months, pushed him to ship it to me.

From what I know I was the oldest unfulfilled order.
I have moved 3 times since ordering and I sent address updates to him.
If you havent heard from him its worth it to send him inquiries.

I just sent him a letter thanking him from the bottom of my heart.

Wow.  So this is what it takes to get your order fulfilled.  I'm going to be in the bay in August, help tracking him down would be greatly appreciated.

Theta_Frost wrote:

Hurray!  Does that mean he's filled all his back orders?  So cool!  There is light at the end of the tunnel!  smile

He skipped me if he really was going backwards, mine is from July 28th, 2008.