Hey, I just wanted to know if there was any way to breakbeat/dub my chiptunes live within LSDJ and if not what are some things I need to get started on that?

Boulder, CO

No.

Philly, PA, USA

what does that even mean?

Well, what I mean is, when I'm playing live I want to be able to do more than just play the track and maybe put an effect on it, right? I want to be able to almost remix the tune live just to make it more unique, would I use an electribe type thing or is it just a ridiculous notion?

Boulder, CO

Use whatever you think will make it sound like you want it to. LSDJ obviously will never be all that live because it only has 8 buttons to work with and you can't change many parameters at the same time. You can play LSDJ in live mode and sequence things in a different order to "remix" but if you want more control, find some different hardware... especially for dubstep.

San Francisco

like i said... quality is dropping.

Godzilladelph

Dubstep =/= Dub
also, there is no "instant remix effect"

or maybe there is, these guys should be able to help you with this
http://8bc.org/forums/ (for all future inquiries of this nature)

Last edited by SKGB (Feb 24, 2011 1:40 pm)

United Kingdom

Get nanoloop 2.3 cart? Bit pricey but you can trigger loops live, managed to record a dubstep track with one of these.

http://chipmusic.org/samwave/music/nano … 23-dubstep

(Link to my track if you want to know what sort of sound/wobbles you can make on it)

-If your planning to use LSDJ with a laptop I would recommend ableton live and using filters and a midi controller to (control the filters live, like a Kaoss pad).

-Could get a DJ mixer to add effects on to it?

-If you want it solely to be LSDJ I would recommend perhaps getting a second DMG with an LSDJ cart and sync them together that way you got more channels to mess with/remix with triggering them whenever you wish via live mode or Mute.

Columbus, OH

To answer your question, I can't think of anything within LSDJ. You could run in live mode, and have all of your chains copied twice, so one would be the original, and the second set would be something you could manipulate on stage, and then trigger to start on at the beginning of the next phrase, so you'd be able to prepare things in real time. Or even have edited chains already done before hand, so you can just trigger them and change it up as you see fit.

Or as mentioned check out Ableton Live, but you said within LSDJ

SKGB wrote:

Unless I'm misinterpreting what you're trying to say,
It's shit like this that upsets me about the cm.org

Why not foster a community instead of telling anyone we don't like to run along to 8bc. Maybe instead of telling people to get out when they ask a question we should be less of an asshole. If I wanted to deal with assholes and trolls I'd be on 8bc, and I'd read 8bc threads.

But I don't want to. And I don't go to 8bc because of it.

Connecticut USA
NinjetiPanda wrote:

To answer your question, I can't think of anything within LSDJ. You could run in live mode, and have all of your chains copied twice, so one would be the original, and the second set would be something you could manipulate on stage, and then trigger to start on at the beginning of the next phrase, so you'd be able to prepare things in real time. Or even have edited chains already done before hand, so you can just trigger them and change it up as you see fit.

SKGB wrote:

Why not foster a community instead of telling anyone we don't like to run along to 8bc. Maybe instead of telling people to get out when they ask a question we should be less of an asshole. If I wanted to deal with assholes and trolls I'd be on 8bc, and I'd read 8bc threads.

My thoughts exactly.

New York, New York

@NinjetiPanda: CM.org is a community where you can leave the assholes and trolls behind, but I still think anyone who wants to instantly be a remixing producer with a purchase of a box should be mocked instantly.

Godzilladelph

well, personally, I think op's question could have 1. Been worded a lot better or 2. solved with a bit of research
that's all

Godzilladelph
MisfitChris wrote:
NinjetiPanda wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

well you know, if you're unhappy with Chipmusic, you can always goto http://8bc.org/
:3 :3 :3
just kidding, but seriously, i try my best not to be an asshole, sorry if it came off that way. Op, it would greatly help if you reword your question / understand a bit about how remixes are made.

Last edited by SKGB (Feb 24, 2011 6:44 pm)

Bronx, NY

I thought SKGB was just trying to direct the dude to further information and resources by linking to 8bc. I didn't think it was that serious.

To OP: try a Kaoss Pad too?

Brazil

NO DUBSTEP. FUCK DUBSTEP. IT'S NOT EVEN RELATED TO DUB.

Now if you want to do some dub, you can always use live mode with reverb.

New York, New York

@pnada: Korg Electribe ESX1 would not only sample the LSDJ, but it can sync to it. I don't understand the questions you are asking, but for producing and performing electronic music on portable gear you may want to research hardware samplers, like Boss SP202, Akai MPC500, Korg ESX1 and Yamaha SU10.

I do get really annoyed when people don't appreciate a difference between DUB and DUBSTEP, so apologies if I was harsh.