I was browsing 8bc's music archive yesterday for some tracks by Starmelt, whose NL 2 techno tracks I always liked. However for whatever reason, most were no longer there (including Shitstorm, which was ace). Looking through my old chipmusic collection, it struck me there is actually quite a lot of music that I love, in many cases now seldom mentioned, by people that are no longer active in the scene or elsewhere.

Without wanting to be disrespectful to such folks, who I'm sure took a conscious step to move out of chipmusic, are there any other artists we've loved but no longer see posts from in the 'Releases' section? Or conversely are the likes of Lektrogirl, Future-Eater and Micropupazzo, musicians who made some wicked tracks in the past, active musically in other guises? I'm curious since ultimately I bet there are a lot of great forgotten tunes lying around on our hard drives.

England

girljoy started make music under the name golucky
mmmm yeah wow hehe.
are you gonna make some new chipmusic? heart

Liverpool, UK

Nanogrrrl nevar 4get

Tokyo, Japan

I wish trash80 and Bitshifter still made music...

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Feb 25, 2011 1:00 pm)

Unsubscribe

i miss bit shifters old band, megaman turner overdrive.

Tokyo, Japan

Actually, in all seriousness, Postal M@rket, wtf happened to that guy?

Swampy Boy and Falco Lombardi, two great chip musicians I haven't heard from in awhile.
To good to get out of the game!

IL, US

im more curious about some of the people who disappeared more recently (and i had been talking to) who i havent heard from in months (albino ghost monkey, sil req), but yeah a lot of people have sort of dropped off over the years without saying anything, but that also may have to do with not wanting to get loads of crap from people if they actually were to say anything about no longer making chipmusic

Melbtown, Lolstralia

Future-Eater is from Melbourne I know he is around but not really active at all anymore..... I miss Timeheater

The Bronx

I miss BLAZAR!; that motherfucker was nice.

Nomad's Land

yeah where's that silreq guy??? from what i know, micropupazzo is still active. postal m@rket was never really in the 8bit scene & has moved on to other things, i guess.

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

dr. szliszka???

i hear he's under a new name now...

New York City

I couldn't care less about girljoy, but I certainy would like to hear more of deafguy. If Trash Can Man resurfaced, so can he big_smile

Last edited by akira^8GB (Feb 25, 2011 3:10 pm)

Unsubscribe

Lets start a real questiom: Has anyone heard the fuck from Albino Ghost Monkey? He was supposed to play a pulsewave, never showed up and hasn't been heard from since.. kinda worried.

Bronx, NY
herr_prof wrote:

Lets start a real questiom: Has anyone heard the fuck from Albino Ghost Monkey? He was supposed to play a pulsewave, never showed up and hasn't been heard from since.. kinda worried.

I send emails about that every other week. I'm kinda worried too.

Also, I'd like some more Unicorn Dream Attack tunes!

Abandoned on Fire
Dot.AY wrote:

I miss Timeheater

I just discovered Timeheater's stuff recently thanks to Prof's FMA posts (thank you for maintaining that!)... wish I had know about it before he was gone.  sad

Edit:  yeah, where is swampy?

Last edited by egr (Feb 25, 2011 4:20 pm)