Cincinnati Ohio
abrasive wrote:

No. It was just a freebie bonus demo songs player.

those songs are fantastic!  ive learned a lot of things from them already like the 8/5 groove for swing smile  i havent had any issues with my cart either.  thing works like a boss.  8-D

SYDNERDIA

If it wasn't obvious from their titles - big thanks to Abortifacient and cTrix for the rad demo tracks big_smile

Seattle, WA

Any idea if/when more Drag N Derps will be available?

Canada

Detroit, Michigan
spry wrote:
abrasive wrote:

No. It was just a freebie bonus demo songs player.

those songs are fantastic!  ive learned a lot of things from them already like the 8/5 groove for swing smile  i havent had any issues with my cart either.  thing works like a boss.  8-D

wait... you can actually see the lsdj song screen on them? I bought 2 from Apeshit and they would only let me press play to listen sad

Gosford, Australia

of course these go on sale while i'm balls deep in end-of-semester assignments. owell :<

snesei wrote:

wait... you can actually see the lsdj song screen on them? I bought 2 from Apeshit and they would only let me press play to listen sad

Shouldn't be able to view the songs, unless a different rom was flashed onto them.

Also, you bought from ASM, not Apeshit. wink. There's a few people helping out with the shop.

buffalo, NY
Apeshit wrote:
snesei wrote:

Shouldn't be able to view the songs, unless a different rom was flashed onto them.

Also, you bought from ASM, not Apeshit. wink. There's a few people helping out with the shop.

Just like FLStudio not Fruity Loops big_smile

danimal cannon wrote:

Just like FLStudio not Fruity Loops big_smile

More like "Apple Store" instead of "Steve Jobs".

Austin, Texas

Are you saying you are cool like Steve Jobs? wink

Psydney, Australia

His body temperature is pretty low right now.

I miss the hedgehogs.

Matthew Joseph Payne
snesei wrote:

If you pair up the .sav file that comes on the cart with a normal copy of LSDJ, you can see the song screens.

Austin, Texas
Apeshit wrote:

More like "Apple Store" instead of "Steve Jobs".

Telerophon wrote:

Are you saying you are cool like Steve Jobs?

iLKke wrote:

His body temperature is pretty low right now.

Massachusetts, USA

Has anyone used a Mega Memory Card to load .SAVs on the Drag'n'Derp? Is there any reason that would not work?

*edit - In case anybody else was curious about this, I tested it out and it worked fine. The Mega Memory Card restored a .SAV that I had backed up from one of my old carts onto the D'n'D with no issues at all. Thanks for making this, it makes my life so much easier!

Last edited by sammulligan (Oct 25, 2012 12:07 am)

vancouver, canada
nitro2k01 wrote:

To anyone who might be wondering, the version of LittleFM that is publicly available does not work with derp. It's all working, but I need to finish the script for patching an LSDj ROM before I feel comfortable releasing it.

if that's the case, why does it say here on derpcart.com that LittleFM is in fact supported?  is that remark actually false?  just wanted some clarification.

vancouver, canada

btw, got my drag'n'derp in the mail!  i've been playing around with it all day, works pretty flawlessly.  the cart itself is a beauty too, with its dark translucent case. mmmm.   thanks abrasive + kitsch!

some observations/feedback/questions:

1) apparently the cart is smart enough to recognize the newer incoming .SAV and use that one, without having to rename any of the incoming files.  moreover, if you copy a new SAV into that folder, it won't overwrite the CURRENT.SAV which is showing in that folder.   this means you don't have to worry about the particular order in which you overwrite/backup the cart (unless all your .SAV files have the same filename).  is this correct?  are there any more nuances/gotchas concerning the filesystem that we should be aware of?

2) regardless, i think it'd be helpful for the heaps.txt to explain the filesystem in more detail, by going through the various use cases like the ones mentioned above.  i'm guessing you could provide more elaborate instructions by including it in a firmware update?

3) the cart sticker looks amazing and everything, but i'm just wondering, were there any discussions on having a half-size drag'n'derp sticker and leaving some extra space for another sticker of the user's choice?

4) any consideration for other cart colours in the future?

Last edited by bryface (Nov 4, 2012 9:40 am)