Chicago IL

oh man, and i can just import in my tfm files and add samples and psg channels omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Adelaide, Australia

This is absolutely fantastic! Thank you Shiru for your hard work!

And I have a sega nomad in the mail so this is going to be even better! big_smile

Expect more Sega music now.

Brazil

Got home and tested it. This is absolutely the thing I always wanted for genesis tracking.

São Paulo, Brazil

^^
first thought of you when I saw this thread, kurt. go make genesis music, you fucking sega boy. tongue

AWESOME stuff, Shiru!

Last edited by PULSELOOPER (Jun 22, 2011 11:54 pm)

TSSBAY01

now someone needs to make a tutorial for all us impulse/schism tracker ppl and the ppl who know jack shit about this tracker plzplzplz, i spent 45 minutes in it trying to figure it out. i have tracked modules before but i feel so dummmmmmmmmmm when im looking at this, i know there has to be an easy way to explain the commands of this tracker interface.

Chicago IL

you mean the help file?

Awesome news! Great job Shiru, and thanks.

TSSBAY01

the help file tells me not too much, i want someone to make a tutorial that breaks the aspects of the whole tracker down in a concise way, so that i can understand and absorb that shit. just fuckin around with it is cool to make some autechre shit, but i have no clue of what im doing with that thing, i know none of the commands, hotkeys, anything and im trying to do impulse tracker things, ahaha.

Milwaukee, WI

QUICK. SOMEONE GRAB MY SEGABONER.

Chicago IL
RG wrote:

QUICK. SOMEONE GRAB MY SEGABONER.

ON IT.

Los Angeles, CA

Damn, you beat me to it ;-)

Thanks for writing this, man. Looking forward to playing with it.

Los Angeles, CA

BTW, what's this written in / do you have any plans to release the source?

Russia, Moscow

Turbo C++ Explorer (free Borland's C++ Builder version, does not exists anymore) for the editor. DLLs are compiled with MSVC 2008 Express. I don't have plans to release the source.

Los Angeles, CA

Good stuff. Thanks again for writing this, man. It looks really slick; it's clear that you've put a lot of hard work into it.

Chicago IL

i guess here's my little bug report so far:

vibrato command doesn't hold, meaning it only plays the note vibrato during the step the command is on. i have to repeat the command to get it to hold.
arp command (0) doesn't register in the effects column. i have to put another command in, with numbers, or it acts like i'm pressing delete.

Russia, Moscow

These aren't bugs, that's how the effects works in MOD like trackers - you have to repeat the effect or n00 to hold it. You probably expect them to work like in FamiTracker, which has uncommon behaviour. The only effect that works a bit similar to FT in VGM MM is arpeggio, but unlike FT it stops with a new note. All this is explained in docs (god, how many times I said that in just a day...).

One working way to replay music from the editor on the console is found so far (with existing software): export music from the editor into VGM with sample rate 11025 (PCM quality settings in the 'Samples' sheet), and then convert it to a Genesis/MD ROM with Mike-Stamp's VGM_PLAY v2.00.

Last edited by Shiru (Jun 23, 2011 9:24 am)